I didn't want to have to write this review but I am going to be nothing but truthful. Our party of six did not enjoy our stay at the Mediterranean and ended up cutting our stay short and booking elsewhere. While the owners mean well, the place was well below our expectations and was not at all value for money. There were just too many negative things about this place which I will mention briefly:
- The kitchen had a huge spiderweb in the corner with two huge dragonflies stuck in it
- The shower had many small hairs left from previous occupants
- Kitchen amenities were poor, no plastic cups or salad bowls etc, yet there is a strict 'no glass' rule in the pool/entertaining area
- Pool is way too small to share with other guests, only about 4 sunloungers. There was also someone's used bandaid floating around in there at one point.
- Garbage bins in the pool area have a bad smell, make you not want to eat anywhere near them
- Indoor chairs and couches are wicker and extremely uncomfortable, we ended up bringing the outdoor furniture inside
- Couch in two bedroom unit was way too small for our family of four
- WIFI which is at an extra cost is garbage. Very slow and kept dropping out
- We don't watch much TV but one between 4 people is not enough. Expected a second in the main bedroom.
- Definitely not 400 metres from beach access like we were told. My GPS watch says it was more like 850 metres.
- And finally the worst thing about this place and the main reason we left: the beds feel like you're sleeping on a wooden plank. We all had sore backs, hips, and shoulders as well as poor sleeps (which soon changed at our new accommodation)
Would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. Even if they cleaned it up and replaced the mattresses, there is many other options in the area at similar prices more worth your business.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Mediterranean - Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flag Suites The Mediterranean Hotel Port Douglas