“Lovely location!”

Hi Tide
Ranked #16 of 133 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: For a long while Hi Tide Cafe, Bar, Restaurant has been a local's secret, and no wonder because this is as close to a beachfront hideaway as it gets in the middle of Port Douglas. Indeed, if you're looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of Macrossan Street and enjoy a home style meal or one of our nightly specials, a cocktail or cool beer with the soft sea breeze the tide will bring you here. Nestled oceanside in the Peninsula Boutique Hotel. Hi Tide looks directly out onto 4 Mile Beach and the Coral Sea. It's cool without being over designed, warm and welcoming without sacrificing a certain sophistication and, well, they have the most amazing cocktail selection.
Reviewed 14 July 2018

Away from the bustle of Macrossan Street, High Tide has a relaxed vibe, casual and pleasant décor and friendly and welcoming staff. A choice location overlooking the water and parkland. Very good range of menu options - a bit expensive - but well worth trying.

PBHMgmt, Owner at Hi Tide, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Thanks Barb for dining with us at Hi Tide. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

This was a real find. Great position opposite the beach and a really interesting menu for breakfast - beautifully executed. I read the other review dissing the Seasonal Greens - the description bears no resemblance to the delicous fresh salmon and seasonal greens I was served in the same week. Very good coffee and my son demolished his bacon and egg roll. The staff were a little over run but very accomodating as we had a late arrrival and they rushed through the order. Excellent

PBHMgmt, Owner at Hi Tide, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Thank you so much for your review and for taking the time to leave such great feedback. We certainly appreciate it and it will be a real boost for our team. It's great to know you enjoyed your experience.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Great service and amazing food I would highly recommend this place! The pasta was cooked perfectly!

PBHMgmt, Owner at Hi Tide, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Thanks Jessica for leaving your review and recommending Hi Tide.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Based on Trip Advisor reviews, we decided to give Hi Tide a try for brunch. Unfortunately, we were quite disappointed with the food. The location is lovely - a nice view across to the beach.

In terms of the food - my wife had the Maple Granola. The coconut pannacotta wasn't like in the photos - it was quite mushy and basically had collapsed. The granola tasted stale and the yoghurt seemed watery. I had the Pan Seared Seasonal Greens. The pomegranate tasted off. I had to remove all of it from my meal. I mentioned this to the waitress. She seemed reasonably unconcerned. When I checked later with her she said she'd spoken to the chef who told her that the "can was opened only yesterday". Gosh :(. The salmon was supposed to be "citrus cured" - there was no hint of citrus flavour. It was quite disappointing. My older daughter had the Breakfast Burger and rated it OK. My younger daughter was quite happy with her eggs and bacon. The coffees and juices were fine.

I was disappointed by the reaction when I advised re the off pomegranates. I often read restaurant responses to negative Trip Advisor reviews in which the owner/managers complain that the patrons didn't raise concerns during their visit. I deliberately brought this matter to the attention of the waitress but felt that she didn't really know how to handle the feedback.

Perhaps we hit this place on a 'off day' - I certainly hope so. We ate at so many lovely restaurants and cafes during our visit. Based on my experience, I can't recommend this venue.

PBHMgmt, Owner at Hi Tide, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Thank you Geoff for leaving your review, we appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry you were disappointed by your experience, that is not the normal response we receive so I am sorry for that.
We do thank you for bringing your concerns up with staff and apologise this wasn't handled in the appropriate manner.
I will discuss all of this with both our front of house team and kitchen staff.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

We enjoyed a lovely dinner at Hi Tide looking over the ocean. The menu is limited and not really a seafood menu, but the food was delicious.

PBHMgmt, Owner at Hi Tide, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Thanks Milissa for your feedback, I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner with us. Whilst not a completely seafood oriented menu we do have 6 dishes that feature beautiful fresh seafood.