“Worth your Time !”

Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: bel cibo is a stylish yet informal Italian restaurant in the heart of Port Douglas with superb food, great service & alfresco dining, on the mezzanine floor of the Saltwater building, perfect for watching the day go by or the activity along the Macrossan Street.
Reviewed 4 August 2015

Our last night in Port Douglas on this trip and a fabulous way to finish . We have eaten here before and have always enjoyed the ambience and the great food . The Antipasta plate was shared and a terrific start followed by the mains of a Blue Steak and my partners Barramundi ,both cooked to perfection .We will be back again to

Kiwichef, Owner at bel cibo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2015

Thank you for a fantastic 5 star review. I'm glad to read that you had such a great time with us & also that you will be returning & recommending us, Thank you.Cheers.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,362)

Reviewed 3 August 2015

We were two couples going for coffee and desert (wine and cheese platter for me).
If you google the name of this place, the photo of the chef was the person who served us.

When we sat down without having been greeted, he quickly ran over and told us the kitchen was closed and started to walk away when I told him we were there for desert. He said that was fine and gave us our menu's.
First impressions is the price. Very expensive desert menu.
Anyway we ordered a cheese platter for one, cake and two affogato's.

The affogato's arrived 10mins later which was great. But then we are waiting and waiting and the ice cream is melting so they went ahead and ate their desert.

20 mins after the the affogato's arrived, we got the cheese and cake. I told the same server it's a bit disappointing that it took so long and that we couldn't eat our deserts together to which he looked extremely perplexed and snapped at me "that table over there ordered before you and besides, affogato comes from the bar and the other desert from the kitchen!" and stormed off.

Keep in mind the other table was the only table besides us.
He then ignored us and wouldn't make eye contact anymore so I had to walk to the till to get the bill.

We stayed in Port Douglas for 6 days and ate out for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day, and this restaurant was the only one the was a flop.

8  Thank HitchSlapp
Kiwichef, Owner at bel cibo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2015

I do remember you & your in laws well. The self seaters at 9.45pm, but the picture of you with the white cockatoo is a real gem.Why you never came to the door for a greeting instead sneaking along the front & grabbing the first empty table, poor etiquette.There was no running to your table, I walked over & said that we had closed the kitchen for mains & you replied that you wanted desserts & coffee. I didn't walk off anywhere except to get the menu's for you. If you didn't like our prices you should have got up & left perhaps headed down to the gelati bar instead.We did serve you your Shiraz, then 10 minutes later 2 Affogato's. I was quite surprised when you asked where was you cheese plate, you may be used to eating cheese straight from the fridge but most quality establishments will wait at least 10-15 minutes before serving. However this is where your review starts to turn into an adventurous tale. We didn't only have a table next to you but a group of 27 celebrating on the left side of the restaurant, they had ordered 20 desserts before you & this was explained clearly in your state I don't think you had even noticed until I mentioned them. Obviously you were looking for a ' I'm so sorry for the wait what can I give you for free & when that didn't come you became more arrogant & smart. Hence why I was not interested in bantering with you & actually informed the other staff should you ask for more alcohol to let me know as I would have let you again politely know I could no longer serve you any alcohol.Paying the bill at the counter is quite common these days not something I see anything wrong with myself. I 'll be sure to keep a look out for your 17 other reviews of the great places you had breakfast, lunch & dinner at over 6 days, so far you haven't posted any. Oh & thank you for the $2.50 tip, the staff really did appreciate it. Ciao.

Reviewed 31 July 2015 via mobile

Group of 4 went last night, Italian food and service was excellent. Nice setting upstairs over looking Main Street. Very busy but good service advisable to book in season.

1  Thank ksea54
Kiwichef, Owner at bel cibo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2015

Thank you for a good review & I'm pleased that your group of 4 enjoyed their experience with us. It is a busy time of year & we will always encourage guests to book during the high season. Cheers.

Reviewed 31 July 2015

Had both an enjoyable lunch and dinner at Bel Cibo. Evening
meal was particularly tasty, well presented and cooked. Value
for money. Staff friendly and accommodating.

1  Thank M N
Kiwichef, Owner at bel cibo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2015

Thank you a great review, to read that you came for both Lunch & Dinner is a compliment in itself.
We always try to ensure our guests want to return so your review makes for happy reading. Cheers.

Reviewed 30 July 2015

A delicious pizza and good vibe at the restaurant . The service was excellent and the prices very reasonable .

Kiwichef, Owner at bel cibo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2015

Thank you for a great 5 star review. I'm glad you enjoyed the pizza's, restaurant vibe & quality service, we hope too see you again soon. Cheers.