“Casual dining with great view”
Review of The Tin Shed

The Tin Shed
Ranked #33 of 133 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Price range: US$14 - US$26
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Being a local Community Sports Club you do have to sign, but anyone can do it. This place is mentioned in lots of reviews and is a gem
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Best views in Port Douglas, with good tasty food and casual atmosphere, no need to book in low season but do when town busy.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,222)

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

I visited The Tin Shed with friends. The Tin Shed is a club rather than a restaurant so you sign in as you enter.

I ordered the baby barramundi and was not disappointed. Our dinners arrived in record time with the entire fish sitting on a plate with rice, salad and a delicious sauce. All up, I was impressed.

Drinks were not overly cheap which I expected from a club but a good evening was had by all.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Not knowing the area, we found this place right over looking the harbor.
Good food and beverages, and the wIt staff attentive and very peasant. It is a private club but they do allow non-members access for meals.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

This place was recommended to me by a lady in one of the boutique stores in the main street when I had asked her where we could go for a family of four to dine and I am so grateful for her advice! A magic spot over looking the water, watching the boats coming & going. Drinks were cold, service was friendly, food was super quick and absolutely gorgeous! And it was affordable as well which is what we're all about.
The kids had chicken nuggets and chips ($8 each) and we also ordered a starter of barramundi spring rolls ($12) - they were amazing! Then my husbands and my meal came shortly after devouring those rolls. A Queenfish ceviche with mint, corriander, coconut & chilli ($18) and my husband ordered salt and pepper calamari with green tea noodle salad ($23). All was AMAZING and FRESH. Great place to visit, for a drink or a meal you just cant beat it.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

What a great place - right on the water front! We had a table for 8 adults and 3 kids!
The menu is simple and would have something for everyone!
Pricing is amazing value when you compare to other places!
We tried all the entree’s Prawns , Pork , Salmon, garlic Bread , Spring Rolls! Perfect for two to share!
Others had burgers which looked amazing and the seafood basket too!
Staff were friendly and helpful!
Tip - there is an air conditioned cocktail bar upstairs if you get too hot! Cocktails were amazing !
Great venue to watch the tide go out and boats come and go!
Thanks guys what a great afternoon!