Where to start?
I called on a Friday night. Expected it to be busy. We ordered delivery to our accommodation. We were told to expect a 45min wait on our food.
We ordered about $65 worth which included Naan breads (4types), 3 servings of rice(basmati saffron), two mains - one was the butter chicken and the other fish korma.
The leaflet we read from stated the prices as $20 per main, 2.90 per rice serve, bread assortment (11.90 plus one extra bread 4.90).
1. The leaflet said nothing and neither did the staff of the delivery charge
2. The food did not arrive when stated and I had to ring back and they said they are leaving now will be another 10min. The food was barely warm when it arrived 30min late. That was 1h15min and two phone calls to get it.
3. When checking the receipt provided the food charged more than $12 over the stated prices on leaflet and staff did not inform us of an extra $4 for fish Korma. Disgusting service and overpriced food
4. We opened the fish Korma and to our disgust there was 3 tiny pieces of fish in a plastic container barely enough sauce to fill 1/3 of the container and it was $24!!!!!
5. The butter chicken had 6 pieces of chicken in a 1/2 tub of sauce.
6. The rice was 3 tubs of plain white rice no saffron (which the girl who took the order said it would be yellow) and lukewarm.
7. The Naan bread was not the assortment promised that we paid for and was grossly gluggy and barely warm when unwrapped.
Do NOT patronise this rip off joint! Our $77 for late, cold, barely enough food for 2, service was terrible. Way better places in PORT DOUGLAS to spend your cash.
One small positive: the flavours of the dishes were nice
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.