Global Backpackers Central
Coral Tree Inn(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$102
US$216
US$159
  • Pool
Ingenia Holidays Cairns Coconut(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$105
US$133
US$79
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$170
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$288
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsbuy nightspier barfab locationbathrooms and showerseast coast tripmiddle of townsocial areatravel deskbig kitchenrooms are bigcommon areashousekeeping staffprivate roomrecommend staying hereport douglasgreat facilitiesair conditioning
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I stayed in t he hostel for 4 nights had a room with 4 beds which was spacious but bathroom was public at the floor. The reception team especially Chelsea was very helpful and nice and really made the stay pleasant. I got their help to arrange my next tours in Australia and my bus ticket to the east coast.

Room Tip: The 4 share room is very nice and not. Expensive
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2011

My partner and I stayed here over the weekend. This backpackers is the worst that I have stayed at. The staff were not helpful and rude. A fire alarm went off at 4AM in the morning!! We got no sleep due to rude and loud people staying 2 doors down harrasing us (staff were very unhelpful with this matter). Was a terrible stay and would not recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Hostel is in good location but thats about all it has going for it!
On arrival, I asked the guy behind the desk for suggestions on things to do around the city and was told that he actually hand't been in Cairns too long and therefore had no information for us!
The first room we were allocated to was awful - really smelly, too many beds in a small room and peoples stuff thrown everywhere! When we asked to change room the guy at the desk tried charging us extra!
The kitchen is awful - only one pot with a handle, no lighters to light the gas cookers and not enough fridge/food storage space.
The $5 meal deals were awful - ended up having to buy food elsewhere after wasting our money!
On checkout I was told we were being 'very demanding' when we asked the same guy to book a taxi.

Overall - terrible service, kitchen was basic, too few toilet&showers and noisy - Don't stay here!

Room Tip: If you are in a large shared dorm - you are miles from the showers, so go in a small room if you can
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeanie_c1120
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I have stayed in over 10 backpackers in cairns, global ticks all the boxes!! The kitchen is gold, the rooms are big, clean and nice. The air con is a god send, there is a cute pool and there is a balcony for drinking and eating!!! Good banter to be had here!! There is also a good TV area! Also...this hostel is slap-bang outside the Woolshead, what more can you ask for!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Spent 2 weeks in this hostel in mid july and loved it! The staff were outstanding, always very helpful and got me great deals on local tours. Also met a lot a great people when we went out to p.j.o'brians for the very tasty and cheap $5 meal deal.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo