“Very enjoyable light dinner”

Raw Prawn Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 676 Restaurants in Cairns
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Having walked past here many times previously my wife and I decided to dine here on a recent Sunday night.
I was a bit reluctant at first as that day we had enjoyed a long lunch at a friends house and we were only looking for something light. The restaurant was quite busy but we were quickly shown to a table out the front where we preferred to sit.

Service was very prompt and when we mentioned that we only wanted a light meal were told it was no problem at all. Good start!

We ordered a few dishes. I love oysters but my wife detests them! I ordered just three Kilpatrick's to start. They were very tasty and well presented albeit a tad on the small side. Other dishes ordered (small share plates) were all very tasty. A serve of garlic bread on a bun was different but very good.

Very good service, tasty food and reasonably priced. We would have no hesitation to go back for a full meal.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,850)

Reviewed 12 February 2018

We were recommended to try this restaurant we were told it’s great ,so off we went ....arrived to a staff member ( looked like an owner) who looked at us as if we were aliens,yes we could have a table ,but can we wait a while ,yes said we.waited 15 minutes ,we got seated the they seemed to ignore us 20 minutes later we left without tasting anything ,as we left the same waiter (owner ) just looked at us........Sad

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Always wanted to eat at this restaurant and whilst staying at Mantra I had the privilege to dine at this restaurant and charge it back to my room. The foot was amazing and the service was fast and excellent.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed it here food was beautiful and the staff where great would 100% go back next time I'm in cairns

Reviewed 2 February 2018

Excellent food, the service was excellent, severed by a Macken lass, and as im a northern lad it went down a treat hearing the accent. Good prompt service, ice cold beers, excellent seafood.

Highly recommended..