“Very yummy Fried rice”

Pho Ven's
Ranked #351 of 682 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 8 September 2015

We had the fried rice and it was awesome! The other dish was great too! Enough for 2 people to enjoy

Reviewed 2 September 2015 via mobile

I spent 3 months travelling Viet Nam 2014. I was elated to return to Cairns to see a local Viet takeaway/casual eat-in had opened in my neighbourhood Ven and his wife Anne are from Ho Chi Minh City. He is a qualified chef. He also cooks Korean and other Asian dishes such as Singapore noodles, Spicy pork, garlic rice and fantastic Pho. I recently had a HCMC native visit and I asked her opinion .... We were a large group and purchased much. She was happy to give her stamp of approval. I love having this little Viet gem tucked away in Woree. I hope the locals support this business... I want to enjoy having great Viet food at reasonable prices and friendly service around the corner for as long as possible

1  Thank Kaye C
Reviewed 22 July 2015 via mobile

My extended family and I visited Pho Ven's on the recommendation of my niece, who is a regular customer.
Upon arrival I found the restaurant to be more reminiscent of a run-down take away. Luckily we were able to get seating for the 10 of us inside. Upon ordering my mother-in-law was disappointed to discover that you cannot make food to order, so a lot of their menu items must be pre-made.
The restaurant is run by a husband and wife team, which means there is a long wait for food and our orders came out sporadically. My father in law finished his main before we got our entree!
The food was nice enough, the hosts very friendly, and the meals are well priced. All up just an average experience overall.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Staying at the nearby Coconut Resort , off the Bruce Hwy near the Cairns Golf course we walked a few hundred meters to the local shopping centre and noticed this family run resturant, deciding to come back for dinner that evening and we're glad we did. It masquarades as a fast food place and yes you can phone in your order to pick up to eat at home and we noticed lots of locals doing just that but you can also eat in sitting on usual cafe chairs and tables. But they even had wine glasses for our purchase from the bottleshop next door! The two of us shared one entree and two mains. First four home made sping rolls, crisp and tasty. Next a seafood Tom Yum soup and then a Thai Red Curry with chicken. Everything was freshly cooked tasty and excellent value for money. The whole meal cost less than $30 for both of us and we were very full. Most people dont visit places not located in central Cairns but it is worth a visit for a tasty, filling meal. Good value and great taste.

1  Thank Promtour