All reviews free shuttle to the airport close to the airport shuttle service minute walk flight path a ground floor room kitchen facilities room was spotless quiet location small kitchen spent nights self catering town centre central cairns wonderful stay port douglas book tours
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Spent 3 nights in Cairns and enjoyed the Reef Palms. The hotel staff are all super friendly, good natured and eager to help. If you haven't booked your side trips, all of the popular side trips and excursions are available right from the front desk. Rooms are very clean, beds are comfortable and you get a pint of fresh milk to go with your tea/coffee! Highly recommend the Reef Palms. PS -- forgot all my dress clothes in a drawer when I checked out and the staff helped me ship them so they met me in Sydney before I flew home.

Room Tip: Super Value Friendly Staff
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Fantastic location. Walking distance to everything. I stayed for a few days whilst on a business trip. Geoff & Lyn were excellent hosts. The convenience of booking all your tours at the in-house tour desk + the complimentary shuttle to the Airport was fantastic. We had an excellent room. Could sleep 6. The rooms were well appointed, modern bathroom, well equipped kitchen and what a bonus - a balcony. Great Pool and BBQ facilities and the staff are extremely helpful. Location is perfect. Close to the town and a short stroll to the beach. Would definitely stay here again and can't recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: Better balcony views on 2nd level
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2017

tried a different motel for our overnight stay prior to early morning flight.
reception: with aircon blasting freezing cold, and not too much interest in our arrival, we had to give my credit card details, which were written down (i did not think this still existed!); alternatively you could pay 200 dollar cash as security bond, which you'd get back on check out - bit difficult as reception is not open at 5 am...
ah well.
the room - spacious, cheap and simple furniture, but functional. kitchenette. balcony even! and locks on windows and fly screens. basic bathroom, with shower over the bath.
and then... time to go to sleep - ha! unable to turn off the light!! really?! the concierge was very helpful, but could not fix the problem at that time of night. understandably. So we slept without lights - now we all do that, (i think), but we also did not have lights in the bathroom... for the nightly piddle. mmm. have not had a formal apology from the motel. have not had any untoward written off my creditcard either.
but. wont come here again.

Management response:Responded 15 August 2017

Dear Cameron,
I am sorry to hear of your experience was no so good. We are in the process of changing our power supply to the rooms (to do away with the big bulky key that you need to insert for power. As I was on leave at the time and maybe the night
manager misunderstood that as you enter your room on the right hand side there are 2 switches which control the following 1 x for lighting and power to the room , and the other to turn the air con on. The lighting switch obviously was not switched on for you to not have any lights. I am sorry that your stay was not enjoyable but do hope that we will see you in the future. Thank you for your time to leave a review. All reviews are good as it helps us to provide a better service to all our guests.
Jeff

Reviewed 9 August 2017

The motel has really well appointed, large clean rooms, modern furnishings, balcony, well equipped kitchen, lovely bathroom helpful friendly staff and nice pool. Fantastic value. I think this hotel excellent value as it two streets back from the beach and close to town

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Jeff and Lyn , were excellent hosts , with wonderful clean rooms , cumpy beds, and Service second to none , Thank-you for the wonderful stay and being dropped off at the train was a great bonus . Organizing our day trips for us was also a great bonus . One block from the beach and also very quiet ..
Would definitely recommend staying here in the future.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple