“Great atmosphere. good food.”
Review of Alessandro's

Alessandro's
Ranked #164 of 690 Restaurants in Cairns
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 December 2017

This was my first visit to Alessandro's and having read and heard mixed reviews, I was genuinely interested as to what the experience would be like.

I visited as part of a work function for around 30 people. We we given a lovely area away from the main dining area where we were able to circulate and have a good time without inconveniencing other diners. It was well set up for functions, although on a very steamy, still Cairns night, a few fans would not have gone astray.

We were provided with a set menu which at $30 per head was excellent value. There was no shortage of food, and many dishes including pizzas, pastas and risotto. All were well prepared and very tasty. We have a significant number of vegetarians at our workplace and they were well catered for which is a refreshing change from most venues. If I had to make a negative comment about the food, the risotto, although delicious was extremely salty.

The pizzas are fantastic and are the most authentic Italian pizza I've encountered in Cairns. A word of warning, if your idea of pizza is a slab of stodgy dough with every topping and drenched in cheese, this is probably not the pizza you're looking for.

The bar was a bit of a let down. The waitstaff were friendly and efficient, but given that there was a function on, it would have been a good idea to put on more bar staff. It took up to 20 minutes to order a drink at times. I was a little shocked when I ordered a lemon, lime and bitters, The lemon and lime were muddled in the glass, making for a much better tasting drink than average, but the price! $6.50 - the same as for a stubby of Cascade premium light! I made me feel bitter indeed.

All in all, a lovely location, excellent food,

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 29 November 2017

The wait staff were great but unfortunately the food let them down.
Waited an hour for pizza,when it finally arrived it was dry.My mechanic could make a better pizza

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Alessandro's is tucked away at the back of Lake Placid but it is well worth hunting down. Great views over the lake for lunch or early dinner. While the service can sometimes be a little erratic the staff are always friendly and helpful. I have only tried the pizza's (which are fabulous - extra thin bases and authentic Naples toppings) but the menu has a great range of other options.
Well worth a visit.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 18 November 2017

The food we had last night was superb! It’s been a long time since we have said everything about the night was fantastic. Well done guys! Best bruschetta ever, this chef knows how to cook fish.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

I thought my pizza was delicious with a beautiful crispy crust. I loved the flavours very authentic. I noticed a few others on here saying the pizza isn't cut and also that they had to wait a while for it to come out. Well boohoo just enjoy something different it's the traditional way. And sometimes it's a good thing that you wait, it's being prepared the Italian way......your getting quality.

The gnocchi was brilliant, very well cooked with beautiful flavour. The serving may look small, but it's deceiving because it's very filling.

Overall, great location loved the setting in the rain forest, food was awesome, staff were pleasant, we had a nice time.