“Terrific Asian Food”

Tia's Cafe in Cairns
Ranked #53 of 644 Restaurants in Cairns
Reviewed 16 May 2017

We were looking for somewhere to eat on a Sunday night and whilst this place did not attract us to start we finally decide to eat there as other places were closed. Are we so glad we did. The food was some of the best we have tasted with all the delicate flavours you expect from Vietnamese food.I am only sorry we were only in Cairns for a short time.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

We live local and only went here based on tripadvisors reviews and the fact I use the laundry next door to dry the quilt and always see how busy it is and how good the food looks and smells.
We both had a laksa and Vietnamese rice paper rolls All of it was absolutely lovely. Te staff were amazing with our needs for the baby and very polite.
For the money and the quality of food you really cant fault this place. Its really good and absolutely packed by 7.30 most nights.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

I and my family tried the restaurant after wanderings around the area for about 15m and we were surprised by the quality of the food. Great nights for us and the kids.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

This is the best Asian food in Cairns and if on a budget you will not be disappointed. This is one of our regular places to grab a bit. They are open everyday for lunch and dinner. They also do takeaways.

1  Thank Topbabe
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Went there at 10.45 - ordered crispy pork with veg, battered fish and pad thai. Cost $42
Lunch time specials start at 11 and still charged full price. I can handle this... but when I go to eat my fish and it has that....hmm I'm not sure about that smell am mildly dissapointed..and throw it out...dont feel safe to even taste it. Then open my crispy pork $18 and there are 4 pieces of fatty deep fried pork & am dissapointed again. I leave this to try the pad thai...and it's very oily and has the flavour of raw jarred garlic. Thought I had 3 meals covered. End result none and I feel sick. So over all, maybe I picked a bad day...but would probably not feel the need to return. Too many other nice Thai and Vietnamese take out I know I will get lovely fresh food from.