“Completely trash tour”

Cape Trib Connections - Day Tours
Ranked #65 of 160 Tours in Cairns
Reviewed 23 May 2017

If you want to experience the inside of a run-down bus for nearly 12 hours on a different side of the world then by all means go on this tour.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Had an amazing day thanks to Doug the tour guide, he was great fun and full of fun facts! He was also kind enough to give me his own lunch after I forgot my own and made my day.

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

We did a tour with the cape trib connections in may week 2 2017. Our tour guide was doug. I have to say upfront he was good and this review relates to the tour itself not him.

We were the first to be picked up which means that we were picked up at 6.50am. We were in the bus for other pickups which went i until 9.00 am. The mere had been some mis communication on the tour pick up timing between the guide and office as a result of which we went to two wrong pick up locations. This lost 30 mins for us which was made up by cutting our morning tea stop which was just Tim tams and expression Sache coffee to a 5 min stop. The day was super rushed with the duration at 1. Daintree rainforests at 40 mins 2. On the river cruise 60 mins 3. On the Mossman gorge 40 mins. Both coffee tea breaks were under 10 mins and the lunch at 45. A large part of the day was lost due to v spread out distance in pick ups and drops (over cape York and port Douglas, not just cairns) and long distances. So essentially under 3 hours at sights of a 12 hour long day. A lot of the rush was saying that maybe we could sight the wallowees before dark which did not happen as it was dark by the time we reached.

I would recommend folks to stick to doing a tour just of the daintree and with a company like uncle Brians which does fewer things but is less rushed. I also recommend the tour company to limit pick up drop off locations and group size so that people do not waste a large part of the day. On the positive I have to say that the tour guide doug was v nice and seemed v knowledgable about the rainforest although we spent v little time touring the same. Also the lunch was v good and veggie friendly.

In the summary this just isn't the best use of a day, and I wouldn't be able to recommend it.

Bharati

1  Thank Bee_1309
Reviewed 18 April 2017

The food was average, atleast the vegetarian option was. We left at 7am, and was dropped off at the accommodation at 7pm sharp. The commentary was good with light-hearted Aussie humour (thanks Wylie). But the cape tribulation beach for lunch was boring and the presence of crocodiles and stingers makes it not possible to get the feet wet in the ocean water. The highlights of the trip was a rainforest tour and a cruise on the Daintree river where we saw 4 crocodiles in the wild, some crabs, some birds namely the Brahmini Kite, Kingfisher and some local birds. I would recommend staying over-night rather than the day tour to the Cape Trib, rainforests and just getting a few photos. Good value for the price though.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

We chose this tour because it included almost everything we wanted to see. The guide was very knowledgeable and friendly. Everything was really interesting and they are super laid back. My only concern was it's not necessarily family friendly because of the choice of music. Overall, I'm glad we spent the time to take this tour.