“Nice Middle East dinner”
Review of Ala Turka

Ala Turka
Ranked #104 of 690 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 January 2017

We were longing for a Mediterranean food after 4 weeks on the road and found it at Ala Turka. As an entrée we selected salads with garlic bread and humus and baba-ganoush dips. The main course was grilled chicken with salad and rice. This was accompanied with a nice Merlot wine. We enjoyed the taste and the quality of the food, although it was a simple dinner. We like it so much, that we returned again and had a quick dinner and skipped the entrees. We opted for the grilled chicken and grilled kofte (minced lamb with herbs), yoghurt sauce, salad and rice and of course some red wine. Again a very tasty dinner. The baklava with coffee was a good finish. All in all a very positive touch of home far away in Australia.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

Great food..tastes just like it does in turkey. I had the mixed grill. Highly recommend this place. Only gripe is they had run out of efes.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

My partner and I stumbled into the restaurant as we were exploring Cairns at night. The restaurant is right next to the entrance of the night market and we were drawn into the atmosphere but decided to come back later as we didnt really feel like anything heavy that night.

On our last night there, we decided to give it a go. We have our favourite turkish restaurant back in Brisbane and we both love turkish food so this one is a must go.

I ordered a mixed platter from the grill menu and my partner ordered some vegetarian meal made of eggplants. We also ordered a salty yoghurt drink as my partner said it would compliment my plate of meat.

The only thing i could comment about our foods was.. SO TASTY! I eat vegetables out of necessity and I do not like any taste of any veggies. But my partner's meal is something I would crave to have again and choose out of taste, not because veggies are healthy! :P and my meal? I'm glad that my partner chose a vegetarian meal because then I can share half of my meat with him and not "carniverloaded". The lamb was so tender, the chicken was really tasty. And indeed, my partner was right.. my salty yoghurt drink complimented it all

I read some reviews prior to coming here and I saw one who said "the food was tasteless". Well, I dont know what they were talking about.. maybe they were talking about the tap water! :P I am glad we ended up going and not trusting your review.. we would have missed out on a great, delicious dinner!

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank Prita K
Reviewed 5 January 2017

We just wanted to quickly grab on something before our flight... The service was very slow considering there were only 3 other people apart from us. We ordered grilled lamb cutlets and calamari. The lamb cutlets were delicious and perfectly cooked. The calamari was super oily... Every bite was oozing out oil. Ambience is good middle eastern.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

An unplanned dinner at Ala Turka was great. The BBQ chicken was delicious as were the other meals and chips (French fries) eaten by other family members. Staff were friendly, efficient and appropriately attentive. We will definitely be coming back.

Date of visit: December 2016