“Cozy and Friendly”

Cairns Queens Court
Ranked #25 of 63 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We booked this motel through the motel website while visiting Cairns. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and the motel was clean and well kept. I would recommend this as a place to stay while in Cairns - 15 minute walk from the Esplanade.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank lotsfuninperu

Reviewed 23 January 2012

I have been to cairns a few times now and Queens court is the best place i have stayed by far! The rooms were very tidy and the aircon was awesome in the tropic weather also there is a big pool! The Tv was usb compatable so i could watch movies from my hard-drive and there was some decent cable channels for watching EPL.
The staff at queens court were excellent! They helped me book multiple trips, recommended some great trips and gae me great info on how to drive the waterfalls and the daintree.
The breakfast was good value and there are some great places for food near by.
All and all a great place to stay and meet great people from all over the world!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank eldanga
Reviewed 20 January 2012

My wife and i booked into this motel prior to Christmas useing the internet and paying extra for a superior room. When we arrived and entered the room i thought to myself i had entered a jail cell for my first time. Four walls and a little window which is best described as a peep hole. Cockroaches everywhere. I rang my travel agent who i booked with over the net and he made a fewcalls. He rang me back and ask me to go to the office and they would update my room for which i paid for.I proceeded to the office only to be told people have not booked out and are staying longer in the room i paid for mounths in advance. Lady at front desk is extremly rude and needs to show respect to people. I imedatly booked out and sacrificed some money and booked into the breekfree Royal Harbour rooms. The staff there were so helpfull and rooms were just so excellant. Queens Court Motel is by far the worst i have ever booked into and such the rudest staff.

Room Tip: Stay eleswhere
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank dragon234
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Visiting Sydney, I shot up to Cairns . My room was clean and adequate. I stayed in the lowest priced rooms. Adequate. I was a little taken off guard. When they said shared bathroom, I thought shared bathroom with another room. Like at some Club Med. This was like a college dorm, the entire floor shares a bathroom. One mens and one for women. I did stay in the budget rooms, and fortunate for me, it was off season. the first few nights I think there was one couple on my floor.Otherwise quiet. No big deal, i was up early everyday and after breakfast walked to my boat trips diving. The walk is very easy. If your lazy then pay up for convience. It's a very pleasant walk. Everyone working there very nice. Laundry machine works. And they even picked me up from airport after 5 pm , They stayed on to pick me up. Super. Your in Cairns. Your not there to hang in your room. Get out and enjoy the area. I only needed a clean room, shower and toilet and a simple breakfast to start the day. Next time I'd try a room with it's own washroom, maybe. Everything is easy walking distance. And for tours, almost everyone will pick you up at the front door.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank sbord1
Cairns_Queens_Court, General Manager at Cairns Queens Court, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review Queens Court. Your time and comments are much appreciated.

Just to clarify, not all of the rooms on the level you stayed share the bathrooms (some are ensuited). Only 4 rooms share a bathroom meaning a total of 8 people share the male/female amenities on that given floor. That aside I'm glad you enjoyed your stay!

Thank you for taking the time to give future travelers a run down on tour operations, distance to the city and acknowledging how lovely the walk is. All is positive and it sounds great coming from a traveler to future travelers.

Kind regards,

Michael Roszak

Reviewed 30 December 2011

I don't know what planet other people that have written reviews about this place where on but my wife & I have stayed here for two weeks now and find the place more than acceptable the place was more than adequate forvour needs, the breakfast was great, the staff were very friendly and more than willing to help with our enquirees and offered help with everything.
Thank you if we come back this way again I will deffinatley stay here again.
Colin & Liz Saunders from Melbourne Victoria

• Stayed: December 2011

Hello Collin and Liz,

On behalf of myself and all the staff at Queens Court, thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely and positive review of the property. You were both a pleasure to have as guests and we hope to see you again someday soon.

Kind regards,