See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

First impressions were that this hotel was a little run down and the rooms could do with renovating. However, it had everything you required in a hotel visit. The rooms were comfortable and the pool was excellent (clearly has been renovated recently)
All in all a nice stay, thanks Rydges

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlie M
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Wasn't sure with what to except as it's my first time staying at the Rydges. The hotel could do with a refurb, there is a lot of potential here! Andrea (the receptionist) was excellent and professional. We had some issues with our room, she arranged a move immediately and couldn't apologise enough. Thank you Andrea (and the team) for making our stay in Cairns a memorable one!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank EL108
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

The building was dated and in need of a facelift, which I can usually forgive. But the room was not to the standard I was expecting giving the price paid.
I was fortunate enough to be on a higher level which seems to have been a better experience than my colleague on a lower level whose room was plagued with roaches and dirty towels. The bathroom was not to a high standard of clean, I don’t think the room has been dusted in a long while, the pool had missing tiles with sharp edges and broken chairs, and the elevators did not fill my with confidence. I will give credit to the staff who were all very polite, obliging and helpful.
I will not take the Rydges name for granted in future; just because it carries the Rydges name does not mean you are getting a quality motel.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed for business. If I was paying for leisure I would have left. Filthy, room smelled terrible, fridge had old, open milk inside, my colleague was covered in bites in her room, the whole place was so very sad. The air conditioning was so loud that I thought there was construction going on in the building. My option was sweat or suffer headaches from the noise. This review gets one star for the close location to shopping and the convention centre and the staff, who were very friendly. There was a 'pool party' on the Sunday night which was code for loud, thumping disco which rocked the building with lots of outside guests who could then wander the unsecured hotel at will. I would have been devastated if this was a holiday that I had saved up for and looked forward to - very grateful when I could leave. They must be planning on demolishing this hotel as it has gone past the point of being refurbished.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank notsofrequentflyer17
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on a stopover in Cairns. We got given room 710- the service was lovely. However, that's as far as our positive experience went . I wish I could give them a great review based solely off the service, however the room was terribly bad;
When we got to our room it had mould all over the roof, walls, in the bathroom and also on the armchairs and wall pictures.
This hotel is old, run down, unclean and unsafe for people's health!
We would NEVER stay here again, it was absolutely DISGUSTING!
This hotel needs a serious overhaul on their inroom cleaning services, as they are clearly not up to par.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple