“Great atmosphere, great food, friendly service”
Review of Lan's Vietnamese Restaurant - CLOSED

Lan's Vietnamese Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$29
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 December 2011

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed Lan's Vietnamese Restaurant.

I'm Australian and my wife is Vietnamese and we both found meals we could really enjoy. The atmosphere reminded us of some of the nicer restaurants in Vietnam. It's not your typical noisy get them in get them out type of Vietnamese Restaurant that you might find on Melbourne's Victoria St, or in a busy part of Saigon, it's much classier than that!

1  Thank chickenhouse
There are newer reviews for Lan's Vietnamese Restaurant

Reviewed 27 December 2011

We have enjoyed a couple of dining experiences at Lan's, Having spent some time in Vietnam we appreciated the authentic Vietnamese foods offered on the menu. The service is good and we will go back.

1  Thank kenfifer
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I was on my way home from work late one night and decided to check out Lan's Vietnamese for a quick bite. I find the best way to judge if it's a good Vietnamese restaurant or not is by trying the Pho (beef noodle soup). The Pho here was good but definitely not a "knock your socks off" experience. The stock didn't have a 'beefy' enough flavour for mine and gave the impression that it was whipped up pretty quick from a powder base rather than the traditional method of boiling it up from scratch. Still, it wasn't bad, just not as tasty as I would have liked...

As for service it was decent without being memorable. On the value for money scale is was pretty good too (this is on a Cairnscentric scale where price is definitely not an indicator of quality). Fair warning though if you compare the prices to your local prices back home then you may think I'm being a bit generous with my value for money rating. Sorry, but I can't remember if this place was BYO either.

Anywho, I don't think I'll go back to Lan's anytime soon. Not because it was bad, it just wasn't great and there's much better Vietnamese in Cairns. If you're after the best Vietnamese food in Cairns check out First House Vietnamese. The Pho there is numero uno!

Cheers, jack

1  Thank jackalicious
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Went here because we'd heard good reviews after all but giving up on finding a decent restaurant in cairns in terms of value for money. the food here was very nice and the service excellent. a bit on the expensive side for us at around $15 for a bowl of soup (though it was nice). staff were accommodating of our two young children. easy parking out the front.

2  Thank llbaxter
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We visited Lan's for dinner this week and was pleasantly surprised. The service was fast, friendly and efficient. We started with the fresh rice paper rolls and had a variety of dishes to share for our dinner. The food was fresh, well cooked and delicious.

We will be back again soon.

1  Thank aussiebabe