“Scared and exciting”

and up
Reef and Rainforest Tandem Sky Dive in Cairns
Ranked #43 of 145 Outdoor Activities in Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: The Great Barrier Reef, the lush tropical rainforest and the Cairns city skyline provide the most spectacular backdrop for this awesome Tandem Skydive option. Skydive Cairns (part of Skydive Australia) provide FREE return transfers from all Cairns accommodation and full training and instruction from their highly experienced professional team of tandem skydive instructors.
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I went to Mission Beach. The bus trip was long but skydive was amazing.
The view was gorgeous and I enjoyed when I was falling down, Even though I was scared.
I never thought I would do this in all my life. I was scared to skydive. But thank you to Cairns Discount Tours who inspired me to try this special experience and give me a very good special price. I had great experience and saved money too.
If you come to Cairns, you must skydive and you won’t regret.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"sky diving"
"adrenaline rush"
in 4 reviews
"felt safe at all times"
"great instructor"
in 5 reviews
"these guys"
in 11 reviews
"once in a lifetime"
"bucket list"
"weather conditions"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"parachute"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Everyone came to AU should have an experience of Skydive, flying like a bird, seeing the full view of the blue crystal ocean. We choose Mission Beach for skydive, thanks to Cairns Discount Tours who booked the skydive for us, the lower price they gave us satisfied us so much, less money spent more happier we have. Also, they gave us very knowledgeable information. It was the first time for me to skydive, that is the thing I always want to do and now I completed it. The Skydive coach is so cool!

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

This was an awesome experience! We had a 6.30am check in, had all the prep done and out to the airport within 45 minutes. The staff were very friendly and efficient, and the instructors had vibrant, exciting personalities, which helped with the slight fear and nerves of jumping out of a plane! I jumped with Ria and she really made it a great experience! Would definitely go again, and would even love to learn to jump solo. Can’t forget, the photos and videos were hilarious to view!

1  Thank Sophie S
SkydiveAustraliaCrew, Public Relations Manager at Skydive Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Hey Sophie,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a positive review.

We are so glad you had an amazing time with Ria and our Cairns crew and that you can relive the ultimate thrill of freefall time and time again with your awesome video!

Hope to see you back in the skies again soon, maybe on one of our learn to skydive solo courses ;)
(you can check out more info on our website)

Blue Skies,
The Skydive Australia crew

Reviewed 29 October 2017

I did my first jump over Cairns with Skydive Australia, and I’d recommend them to ANYONE. The crew for my skydive was great! You could immediately tell how much they love their jobs, and they really went above and beyond to make sure that we all had a great time. They asked us questions, made jokes, and took photos and video the whole time. In hindsight I realize they weren’t just hyping us up to make a great video, but because they wanted us all to feel comfortable and relaxed. It was a no stress environment and I think that really contributed to my overall experience. If they had scared us before hand with all of the what ifs and maybes, I would’ve gone into my jump anxious instead of open minded, but instead they talked about what a beautiful day it was and I could tell they genuinely wanted us to love every minute of the experience. What more could you really ask for from the person pushing you out of a plane? I mean that, and they all remembered to pull the parachute cord, so that was cool.

This was easily the best thing I've done during my 10 month is Oz, and I'd go again in a heart beat!

1  Thank Raychel G
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I have never been on a skydive before so wasn't sure what to expect. But throughout the process my mind was put to rest by the professionalism and friendliness of the staff here. The booking in procedure was easy enough, it helped it was relatively quiet when we went. My instructor was great, plenty of banter to keep things exciting. The jump itself was one of the most amazing experiences of my life and I'm so glad I went for the full 15000ft to make the most of it. Photos etc were predictably expensive but no more than any other firm and I guess you kind of expect that.

1  Thank Adam B