Open today: 07:00 - 18:00
Book In Advance
Tours from Skydive Cairns tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews free fall mission beach amazing experience photos and videos video package tandem jump plane ride great video sky diving adrenaline rush bucket list item great instructor clear instructions these guys once in a lifetime staff were amazing weather conditions
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

This was an awesome experience! We had a 6.30am check in, had all the prep done and out to the airport within 45 minutes. The staff were very friendly and efficient, and the instructors had vibrant, exciting personalities, which helped with the slight fear and nerves of jumping out of a plane! I jumped with Ria and she really made it a great experience! Would definitely go again, and would even love to learn to jump solo. Can’t forget, the photos and videos were hilarious to view!

1  Thank Sophie S
SkydiveAustraliaCrew, Public Relations Manager at Skydive Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Hey Sophie,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a positive review.

We are so glad you had an amazing time with Ria and our Cairns crew and that you can relive the ultimate thrill of freefall time and time again with your awesome video!

Hope to see you back in the skies again soon, maybe on one of our learn to skydive solo courses ;)
(you can check out more info on our website)

Blue Skies,
The Skydive Australia crew

Reviewed 29 October 2017

I did my first jump over Cairns with Skydive Australia, and I’d recommend them to ANYONE. The crew for my skydive was great! You could immediately tell how much they love their jobs, and they really went above and beyond to make sure that we all had a great time. They asked us questions, made jokes, and took photos and video the whole time. In hindsight I realize they weren’t just hyping us up to make a great video, but because they wanted us all to feel comfortable and relaxed. It was a no stress environment and I think that really contributed to my overall experience. If they had scared us before hand with all of the what ifs and maybes, I would’ve gone into my jump anxious instead of open minded, but instead they talked about what a beautiful day it was and I could tell they genuinely wanted us to love every minute of the experience. What more could you really ask for from the person pushing you out of a plane? I mean that, and they all remembered to pull the parachute cord, so that was cool.

This was easily the best thing I've done during my 10 month is Oz, and I'd go again in a heart beat!

1  Thank Raychel G
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I have never been on a skydive before so wasn't sure what to expect. But throughout the process my mind was put to rest by the professionalism and friendliness of the staff here. The booking in procedure was easy enough, it helped it was relatively quiet when we went. My instructor was great, plenty of banter to keep things exciting. The jump itself was one of the most amazing experiences of my life and I'm so glad I went for the full 15000ft to make the most of it. Photos etc were predictably expensive but no more than any other firm and I guess you kind of expect that.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank adambK1190JM
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

We had very good experience with skydiving. They picked up from Hotel took to their office for diving suites and then took to Airport and then to plane for diving.
The trainer was experienced and free fall was amazing. They charged around 330 Dollar.

Recommend to do this.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

My party actually wasn\'t very happy with our experience here. We understood that it was a slammed day with several tourist groups trying to get in, but we didn\'t get harnesses until an hour and half after we were scheduled to be jumping. The ground crew didn\'t answer our questions or offer much explanation, but rudely directed us around. My instructor never introduced himself despite my attempt to ask his name. He seemed genuinely unhappy and didn\'t want to be there. This poor setting of the mood doesn\'t help at all with nervousness or the overall quality of the day. The skydive prep video didn\'t delve into nearly enough safety info to put anyone\'s mind at ease, and looked like it had been filmed in the early 1990s. The videos and photos definitely weren\'t worth the money on top of an already costly jump. My instructor wouldn\'t speak up so I couldn\'t even hear the interview questions, so the video is pretty poor quality overall. The jump was fun as the jump, but it seemed rushed. The instructors didn\'t seem to cater to our experience, but quickly attempted to usher us in and out. It didn\'t seem like we reach the advertised 15,000 feet, and the parachuting was a rapid and forced decent rather than a nice 5-7 minute glide over the area. Literally had you all added two minutes and some up drafts to the parachuting I would have been infinitely more satisfied. I will not recommend this skydive business to friends or family, but will volunteer other options. I am only filling out this survey because I believe my friends and I are owed more from this experience for the money we spent and believe that we deserve the free jump or discounts / refunds.

Date of experience: September 2017
SkydiveAustraliaCrew, Public Relations Manager at Skydive Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Hi David,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review.

We're sorry to hear your skydive experience was less than perfect, on your recent visit to our Cairns drop zone.

We pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer service, so we appreciate your honest feedback, and will be following up with all staff involved.

Please feel free to contact us on marketing@skydive.com.au if you would like to discuss this further.

Blue Skies,