“My explanation to my poor review on the survey they sent me”
Review of Skydive Cairns

and up
Reef and Rainforest Tandem Sky Dive in Cairns
Ranked #42 of 147 Outdoor Activities in Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: The Great Barrier Reef, the lush tropical rainforest and the Cairns city skyline provide the most spectacular backdrop for this awesome Tandem Skydive option. Skydive Cairns (part of Skydive Australia) provide FREE return transfers from all Cairns accommodation and full training and instruction from their highly experienced professional team of tandem skydive instructors.
Reviewed 3 October 2017

My party actually wasn\'t very happy with our experience here. We understood that it was a slammed day with several tourist groups trying to get in, but we didn\'t get harnesses until an hour and half after we were scheduled to be jumping. The ground crew didn\'t answer our questions or offer much explanation, but rudely directed us around. My instructor never introduced himself despite my attempt to ask his name. He seemed genuinely unhappy and didn\'t want to be there. This poor setting of the mood doesn\'t help at all with nervousness or the overall quality of the day. The skydive prep video didn\'t delve into nearly enough safety info to put anyone\'s mind at ease, and looked like it had been filmed in the early 1990s. The videos and photos definitely weren\'t worth the money on top of an already costly jump. My instructor wouldn\'t speak up so I couldn\'t even hear the interview questions, so the video is pretty poor quality overall. The jump was fun as the jump, but it seemed rushed. The instructors didn\'t seem to cater to our experience, but quickly attempted to usher us in and out. It didn\'t seem like we reach the advertised 15,000 feet, and the parachuting was a rapid and forced decent rather than a nice 5-7 minute glide over the area. Literally had you all added two minutes and some up drafts to the parachuting I would have been infinitely more satisfied. I will not recommend this skydive business to friends or family, but will volunteer other options. I am only filling out this survey because I believe my friends and I are owed more from this experience for the money we spent and believe that we deserve the free jump or discounts / refunds.

SkydiveAustraliaCrew, Public Relations Manager at Skydive Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Hi David,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review.

We're sorry to hear your skydive experience was less than perfect, on your recent visit to our Cairns drop zone.

We pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer service, so we appreciate your honest feedback, and will be following up with all staff involved.

Please feel free to contact us on marketing@skydive.com.au if you would like to discuss this further.

Blue Skies,

"once in a lifetime"
"bucket list"
"weather conditions"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"parachute"
in 14 reviews
"000ft"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Amazing. This company is very efficient. I would strongly suggest the sunrise dive. The free fall is exhilarating and the chute navigation was fun. Perfect landing. Definitely one for the bucket list and cheap as well. I went with Gareth and he was a great instructor and a nice bloke.

1  Thank MHBJ
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Best experience of my life with spectacular views! Team made us feel very safe! The pictures were brilliant too.

SkydiveAustraliaCrew, Public Relations Manager at Skydive Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Hey Jen,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such an awesome review.

We're stoked to hear you had such an epic time with our Cairns crew and that you can relive that freefall feeling over and over with your incredible pictures.

Welcome to the world of skydiving.

Blue Skies,
The Skydive Australia crew

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Amazing experience but what made it exceptional was the staffs customer service skills. I came alone and felt so welcomed by the staff who ensured they started a conversation and just talked all sa with every person regardless who they were . This definitely made the difference from good to great. Keep it up!