“Family trip-amazing day! ”
Review of Billy Tea Safaris

Billy Tea Safaris
Ranked #46 of 145 Outdoor Activities in Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: Small personalised 4WD Tours to Daintree Cape Tribulation 4WD Bloomfield Track, with high clearance vehicles going further than any other company, running every day except Christmas Day. Also the only 4WD Day tour to Chillagoe Caves & Outback tour, touring ancient 400 million year old caves and seeing many species of wildlife runs Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Not ava Christmas Day and Good Friday.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I have been on the Daintree and Cape tribulation tour with Billy Tea safaris before (2016) with my sister but I this time brought my mum and dad on the tour. It didn’t disappoint and the day was made excellent through the help of our tour guide Finn. It was a packed day and we didn’t stop learning from the minute we were picked up until the minute we were dropped off. Finn had local knowledge having lived north of the Daintree River as well as clearly knowing a lot about the history of the area which made for a very interesting tour! The places we went were great and although we travelled far (part way up the Bloomfield track) we never felt like we were in the 4WD for very long as there was always an opportunity to stop and see something new! The highlight of the day for me was seeing the endangered cassowary by the side of the road! Thank you for a great day and I’m sure I’ll find someone else I need to bring on this tour sometime in the future!

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"outback tour"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I’m reviewing this company solely on the service they provide not the beautiful places we went to.
I booked two tours and on both occasions they arrived about 20 minutes late, not because of picking up people. First time was because the vehicle broke down and they had to go back and get another vehicle. The second time was because of something happened in the office which affected the vehicle leaving on time. Both times they just expect paid customers to sit and wait, not bothering to at least call. So customer service is not a priority.

Meal on first tour, the Daintree, was a bbq of cheap cut of meat and sausages that the tour guides are responsible to cook up. I did the Daintree a year ago through another company and they took us to really nice place for a real meal up there. Second trip to the Chillagoe caves, this company could not be bothered to advise when l booked that due to a public holiday, the pub meal was not offered. Unbelievable and against consumer law because they advise a pub meal. I was so disgusted that l was not advised because l would have made that tour for another day! So horrid a lunch, a really small boring wrap, a cookie and an apple. Wow, nothing like a pub meal! Was still hungry, good thing l had a muesli bar!
The Daintree tour guide had a great deal of knowledge of the history of the place, local knowledge and flora and fauna. But at the end of just about everything he said, he had to end it with some sarcastic, back handed joke. The Chillagoe cave tour guide was so much better, I found him a lot more friendlier and easier to got on with.

Take insect repellent to the Chillagoe caves, I got bitten a few times in the cave.

Something they don’t tell you about is that if you have a physical disability that you shouldn’t take either tour because one tour had steps and tree roots sticking up above the ground that can trip you up. The other trip, there was steps and we climbed up a rocky path, the Balancing rock in the itinerary (and you need both hands free to climb it and some fitness to climb up) to get up to a rocky nock. Didn’t make it to the Chillagoe caves gift shop, probably closed because it was a public holiday....again this information they could be bothered to tell you before they took your money. As well as how late they came to pick up their passengers would have eaten into that time.

Antje G, Manager at Billy Tea Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review both our trips. On the first day we were delayed but it was resolved in less than 5 minutes and the second day we were running late so we do apologize for keeping you waiting. It is however Australian Law that pubs cannot open on Good Friday due to it being a religious holiday so we had to make last minute arrangements for lunch. As I was on the tour this day I did not notice any one struggling to climb the hill. As Billy Tea we pride ourselves in offering the best customer service and we are disappointed to hear that you didn't have the best experience.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We did the Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation Day Tour and everything about it was amazing. Our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable about all the plants, animals, and history, and made the tour very pleasant. The day was packed full of adventures covering a wide variety of activities (swimming, sight seeing, hiking, feeding/petting animals, boat ride, etc.). And to top it off, the lunch served was excellent (coming from a picky eater). Out of a 10 day trip all over Australia, this day was my favorite!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful day ! Poor weather had meant they had to reschedule due to flooding & landslides ...contacted us promptly and rescheduled to suit us ...we ended up with a fabulous sunny day ...Matthew our driver/guide was knowledgeable and had a great dry sense of humour ...we loved it ! The boat trip with Mick & dog was amazing and the swim in a sunlit croc free creek (too cold for them apparently) was an amazing almost magical experience ...would love to do it all over again :) highly recommend

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful full day tour of the World Heritage Daintree Rainforest with Billy Tea Bush Safaris.
Our guide Andrew made the rather wet day special for us. He was incredibly knowledgeable and articulate about the flora and fauna as well as indigenous and endangered rainforest issues.
We got to see a huge crocodile and young on a 1 hour Daintree River Cruise. We had a guided walk in the rainforest on a boardwalk, a refreshing fresh water swim in Emmagen Creek while an excellent Bush tea, exotic fruit tasting and damper was prepared for us. We found the elusive Southern Cassowary (emu sized bird with very blue head) and indulged in fresh housemade exotic fruit ice cream at the Daintree Ice Cream Company tucked way up in the forest. An excellent tour of this World Heritage site.