See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

On arrival the man in reception was not that helpful, and continued his game on his phone.

Room had cockroaches, all curtains were dirty and broken, all furniture needed updating as was dirty or chipped.

The only positive was it was near the sea front.

I wish I had read other people's reviews before booking.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jefflogan303
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel through Expedia. We arrived to find reception shut despite it only being 445pm. A note on the door gave a phone number to call. After finding a public phone we called and were told there was no booking and hung up on. We had a booking confirmation so called again and again got cut off. This place looks nothing like the pictures. If the way they treat customers is anything to go by this place should be avoided at all costs.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela W
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

This has obviously been a great motel but it's showing signs of spending cuts. I chose the Tropical Qldr as it seem9to have all the necessities including location close to the Esplanade/water, a great pool during this summer business trip, knowing that I'd be ending each day of work feeling hot.
Positives: The pool is awesome; the bed is superbly comfortable- possibly the best motel bed I've slept in! The location is great.
Negatives; maintenance is a bit lacking; cost cutting is evident everywhere (except the bed & pool); powerpoiants need replacing; broken handle of knife has been cheaply bogied up by wrapping electricians tape around where handle should be; a cheap caravan style ironing board designed to sit on a table but no table in room (extremely difficult to iron when the only area is a narrow bench against a wall); attached restaurant has closed down, despite advertising signs.
I don't like putting negative reviews, normally I prefer not to review if I'm disappointed but this one got to me.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2018

room was dirty& the people next door were loud, didn't get to sleep till 2.30am. i can say nothing good about this motel. hot water took forever to come in,on the website it said that you could request a cot but when we got ther e we had to go out a buy a potacot for the baby

NOT HAPPY

robin

Room Tip: don't go there
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Robin B
Reviewed 20 January 2018

When we booked our room, we asked for a cot for out little one and were told that we would get one. When we arrived to stay the night, we had to wait for someone to come to reception as there was nobody around and they said that they didn't have one and we had to go out and buy our own portacot.
The kettle was broken in the room, the plates were dirty, the room had bad lighting, neighbours room was very loud and kept us up until 3am. the chair in the living area was broken and the bath tub was full of dirt.
I will not be staying here ever again and i advise that this place is a waste of money.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family