See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 January 2018

room was dirty& the people next door were loud, didn't get to sleep till 2.30am. i can say nothing good about this motel. hot water took forever to come in,on the website it said that you could request a cot but when we got ther e we had to go out a buy a potacot for the baby

NOT HAPPY

robin

Room Tip: don't go there
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Robin B
Reviewed 20 January 2018

When we booked our room, we asked for a cot for out little one and were told that we would get one. When we arrived to stay the night, we had to wait for someone to come to reception as there was nobody around and they said that they didn't have one and we had to go out and buy our own portacot.
The kettle was broken in the room, the plates were dirty, the room had bad lighting, neighbours room was very loud and kept us up until 3am. the chair in the living area was broken and the bath tub was full of dirt.
I will not be staying here ever again and i advise that this place is a waste of money.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Dylan B
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night after flying into Cairns. Had booked in on web and paid $98 for the night. Flight was delayed so we arrived after reception closed. Called the afterhours number and were checked in with minimal fuss. Room was clean and had a little kitchenette. Yes it had dated decor but it was clean and well maintained. Bed was comfortable. The shower had fantastic water pressure. Convenient location only a block back from the Esplanade. Restaurant on site was much better than I expected based on first impressions. Food was delicious and service was friendly and quick.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

Recently stayed at the Tropical Queenslander with partner and her kids.
The hotel was booked by a friend who also stayed.

Disappointed with the room, decor is dated and smelt musty.
The bathroom was in need of a renovation.

The pull out bed in the room couldn't be used without moving the bed. The Base was damaged and the mattress wasn't supported properly.

The furniture is not moved during cleaning as was obvious with the dust and rubbish under the lounge.

Both gates for the pool area are not self closing - not so much a problem for those with older kids.

The chairs around the pool are all weather damaged.

For the nightly rate and condition of the room I would recommend getting a room closer to the centre of Cairns.

Staff were very friendly - an asset for the owners.

Will not stay here again unless the price drops or the place is renovated.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

Just needed 1 night in cairns as I bounced through and this place fitted my needs.

Close to town, 20 minute walk, well priced and all up pretty quiet.

Bit of plane noise now and then, but as the cairns airport is not very busy thats not much of an issue.

Bed was comfy, 1 element stove if you want it, small balcony enables you to open the sliding door for a bit of fresh a or.

I didn't use the air con but I assume it works.

The ceiling fan over the bed was good enough to sleep with.

I'd come back next time I need a bed for a night or 2 in cairns.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo