“Delicious Viet Food”

Rendezvous-Du-Vietnam
Ranked #187 of 693 Restaurants in Cairns
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Great restaurant.
The decor is true to Vietnamese culture. The main host was traditionally dressed and was very welcoming as well as helpful in explaining the food, especially as I was after a vegetarian option.
I order a vegetarian noodle bowl. It was rice noodles, with many fresh ingredients topped with some tofu and vegetarian spring rolls. Sprinkled crushed peanuts and the sauce. It was delicious, as well as light and refreshing which is sometimes perfect to match the humid climate of Cairns.
Particularly like that it is only slightly off the Main Street of Cairns (Esplande) as the Esplande can be very busy and loud. Also food can be more expensive on the main strip.

2  Thank Lorena F

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Stopped here for lunch on our visit to Cairns as my son is Vegan we were looking for something that had some vvariety this restaurant exceeded expectation his meal was beautiful I am not vegan and had beef and duck which again was beautiful the service was great with the owner explaining to us and also offered to make Tofu in the fresh rolls for my son Food was delicious and not expensive we had a great meal this place is well worth visiting good fresh food

3  Thank Wilhelmina H
Reviewed 1 January 2018

Looked nicer,bigger than others in area so decided to try. There were cheaper options on menu but we decided on northern and southern menus at 35$ per head. This included a starter of two fishcake type rolls which were very nice. We then had a next course, one of which was beef, one seafood. These were basically soups with rice, which we were advised to put soup on top of rice. We had a bowl each, one with beef and one with piece of salmon in and soup with one prawn each and one piece squid with a few tiny pieces of veg. This was EXTREMELY salty. We were then given a piece of cake each, which my partner ate both. I suppose 35$ each wouldnt be called high for Cairns for this, but 2 glasses of wine, one beer brought the total to 93$. For us, this seemed expensive. We noted everyone else seemed to be drinking water only and choosing one dish from the menu. So our fault in choosing what we did. I felt unwell afterwards with stomach pains, and very very thirsty.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Had the bird' nest dish and a fresh juice for lunch today. Was absolutely amazing! Best I have ever had outside of Vietnam. Service was a bit slow considering there was only one other table seated at the time, however perfection can't be rushed. The dish was probably enough for 3 people at only $14.50.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank JoQ75
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

The staff were rude and made a mistake with our order, which caused a long wait for our food. We were eventually given the worst bahn mi we've ever come across, with stale bread and uncooked chicken. I would recommend avoiding this restaurant at all costs.

Date of visit: December 2017