“Wood Fired Pizza”
Review of Mister Paganini

Mister Paganini
Ranked #664 of 4,723 Restaurants in Brisbane
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Had lunch there with the Grandkids we had great traditional style wood fired pizza. Found the place had also good service.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

My wife and I visited on Saturday night on the last night of our holiday, the restaurant was busy however the service was quick and friendly, We had the Arancini for and entrée and shared a pizza for the main, both were exceptional with the pizza and absolute highlight, great topping and a beautiful crisp and light base. The wine list was well balanced and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Went for dinner and 3 of us had pizza. The best bases!! Everyone loved it. I had spaghetti marinara which was good but needed a bit more flavour. The waiter was excellent though and really helpful. We would go back for sure

Reviewed 4 July 2017

We had a small family gathering at Mr Paganini's, everyone's food was delicious and reasonably priced. Portions were good size, wine was good also. The only advice, don't sit too close to the music if you want to have conversation or have older people with you (the configuration of the room causes sound to bounce around a bit). We went Sunday night without a booking and got a table, the staff were attentive and good humoured. A very enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

My young daughter & I were visiting from Cairns for a few days, so we decided we would have one nice breakfast at Southbank. We didn't know where to go, so we just wandered. We left one place that had a 30 minute delay due to low staff, it was already nearly 10am and my daughter was starving. We should have just eaten here.

We got to Mister Paganini & decided it looked ok with reasonable prices. All we ordered was 'hot cakes' and scrambled eggs on toast, I hate soft eggs so only get scrambled. We waited for 30-40 minutes for this extremely simple order, and they were by no means extra busy.

So for $14 my daughter got one flat very average Pancake, with one dollop of fake cream and about 10 berries, and it was so cold. She was starving, so ate it, although had to have second breakfast straight after. So beware the 'hot cakes', it is false, you get cold hot 'cake'.

My scrambled eggs were cold, on soggy sourdough, and so incredibly runny. I tried to eat them, but they made me feel sick. I never complain but felt I needed to in this case. They offered me something else, but we had waited so long for such mediocre food, we had wasted so much time already, I couldn't be bothered to reorder, so I left starving.

To their credit, I wasn't charged for the eggs, but that didn't solve my hungriness. I got to Pancake Manor on Charlotte Street at 3pm for a breakfast do-over, and got 2 big fluffy pancakes loaded with topping for only $13, so go there instead.

I never complain, and this is my first bad review on Trip Advisor, but eating here made us feel sad, as we were only having one nice breakfast.

So disappointed.