“Great Bali vibe in Brisvegas!!”
Review of Let Minnow Cafe

Let Minnow Cafe
Ranked #225 of 5,116 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Description: We hope to present a casual, friendly and relaxing community coffee shop and cafe that provides our guest with great locally sourced and sustainable food whenever possible, at an affordable price and with great customer service.
Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

This is a cute, quirky cafe.
Great outdoor space where you can happily bring your dog.
Spacious interior with interesting,mismatched timber tables and chairs
Extensive menu.
We had breakfast.
The green juice which included spinach, mango and coconut water was spectacular
I had avocado with feta and dukkah on rye toast. Absolutely delicious and a very generous serve.
Others had the muesli with poached stone fruit and it was very good.
Bacon and scrambled eggs with chutney on the side was excellent. Especially the bacon.
Good coffee.
Extremely popular on a Sunday morning.
The space inside is noisy. But not incredibly annoying unless you are with an elderly person.
You order and pay at the counter.
Highly recommend a visit.

Garry M, Owner at Let Minnow Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

Dear venetianadmirer, thank you for your very complementary review of let minnow cafe. On behalf of the whole team it is much appreciated. We are working on the noise issues as well, just so you know, the first couple of noise dampening ceiling panels went up this week with the rest to follow next week which we hope will help make the experience even better for all our lovely visitors. Cheers and thanks again.

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

I quite like this joint. The food was pretty good but I'm a hard marker and won't give five stars to a suburban converted shop that charges $12 for a savory mince jaffle. It tasted pretty good however the cheap flimsy napkin it came with surely was below five star.

So I'm down to four, and that's before I sat down to struggle with the birdcage acoustics.

I'd be willing to eat there again but not race back. I suspect it holds a little more appeal for locals in walking distance.

Garry M, Owner at Let Minnow Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2017

Hi MaKelly71. Many thanks for your review. Glad you liked the jaffle which is the main thing. Regarding the napkins, they are the best biodegradable/recycled paper napkins we can get but because of that they are flimsy especially with something like a jaffle full of wet hot savoury mince, cheese and sauce. Its a trade off environmentally, but I think we can address the issue for jaffles and appreciate that you have raised it. Re the acoustics, we cant agree more. Our shipment of acoustic sound reducing ceiling panels arrived from Sydney today and we hope to have them up before this weekend. Our stated goals are sustainability and the three "R's" and so we kept as much of the old building as we could but its all solid timber and hard ceilings so the noise bounces around. Hopefully next time your able to drop in there will be some changes for the better. Thanks again, cheers.

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

Awesome variety of food. Great friendly staff. Great atmosphere. A must for anyone when in the area.

Hey Sharnie M, many thanks for your 5 star review of let minnow cafe. Really appreciate the feedback and from the whole team, thanks again. cheers

Reviewed 18 December 2016

Great little place.First time and we went for a last breakfast around 11am. Still a heap of people around but took us 3mins to order and about 8mins for our food to come out. Very much impressed withe the quality of the food also.

Will be coming back.

only thing I would note is try get a table outside. Its very very loud inside.

Garry M, Owner at Let Minnow Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2016

Dear Zacmac83, thank you for taking the time to review our let minnow cafe, much appreciated. The kitchen team is doing an outstanding job with timing under pressure and we could not be more proud of them. The noise has become an issue since we fully air conditioned the cafe for summer and all the windows are shut. Rest assured the New Year will see acoustic tiles and noise dampeners installed as we continue to try and improve everyone's experience here. Thanks again for the nice feedback and the 5 stars and have a great Xmas.

Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

Being new to Brisbane I have been making an effort to visit as many places for breakfast as I can. After breakfast here I feel I don't want to explore any more options as I think I will be let down....comparing other breakfasts to Let Minnow would be like comparing a Datsun 180B to a Ferrari! The menu is extensive and I didn't know what to order. When I did decide it didn't disappoint...delicious and filling and service and atmosphere excellent...be back ASAP!

Garry M, Owner at Let Minnow Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2016

Dear Shane R. Wow, what can we say but thank you from the whole team for taking the time to give us such a nice review. So glad you enjoyed your visit to let minnow and we look forward to seeing you again. Cheers and thank you again.