“Garlic pizza bread to die for”

Marinara Cafe and Restaurant
Ranked #141 of 4,726 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 7 October 2015 via mobile

We dined here with friends on Saturday night and definitely book if you are intending to go here. The restaurant was packed and I expected to have to wait for our meals and drinks and I am glad to say that I was wrong. The food and the service was very good and the staff made the evening most enjoyable. Love Italian and this was no exception. The garlic Pizza bead would be the best I have ever had

Reviewed 6 October 2015

This attractive little restaurant caught our eye when we were catching a movie over that way (Hawthorne). I promptly went to Trip Advisor to check out the reviews and, because of the rave reviews, we had dinner there last night.
The ambiance of the place is very authentic and just lovely.....checked tablecloths, nice murals on the walls, a bit of Frank Sinatra playing, very welcoming, jolly and friendly staff.
I chose the Oysters Kilpatrick and the baked salmon - not my usual choices but I wanted to try something different and the reviews were encouraging. I thought both these dishes were not too bad but not really outstanding - the potatoes in the salmon dish were quite hard. My husband had the Pollo Fettuccine which he quite enjoyed. Our friend had garlic bread and garlic prawns which she also really enjoyed.
The restaurant was not very busy being a Tuesday night and many people did not have a booking and got a table easily.
A dessert platter was brought to our table to tempt us with some delicious sweets, however we resisted as we were all too content after our generous meals.
We did not have alcohol, just 3 soft drinks, and the total bill was $113.40.
I would say that our evening was very pleasant with quite tasty food and I would eat there again if I was in the area but I would not make the trip across town again to specially eat there. We have Italian restaurants closer to home (Pine Rivers) with better food.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

Beautiful friendly atmospheric local Italian restaurant. The food is excellent and home made/cooked. The staff are very attentive, friendly and helpful. My personal favourite is the chicken and mushroom cannelloni, but all our meals were great. Every time we come to Brisbane from Melbourne we eat here.

Reviewed 26 September 2015

What a great find in Hawthorne Brisbane. This Italian Ristorante has it all - friendly, attentive staff, quick and thoughtful service, great menu, reasonably priced, delicious food and an authentic Italian atmosphere. Six of us shared a dozen oysters mornay and a dozen oysters Kilpatrick. All good but the oysters Kilpatrick were wonderful. I had the veal scaloppine - a generous serve with pasta and big mushrooms and a delicious cream sauce. Others had calzone and pronounced it perfect, another dish was chilli prawn pasta and the last one pasta with chicken - all delicious. After mains a waiter brings around a tempting plate of desserts - we managed to polish off a tiramisu (the pick of the night), 2 chocolate puddings in ramekins and a sticky date with caramel sauce, all generous serves with ice cream and cream. Others in our party had been to the restaurant 4 times and said each time is the same. No downside. On street parking.

1  Thank JillDV8
Reviewed 25 September 2015

We were going to the movies in Hawthorne Brisbane and needed dinner before the show. Found Marinara's across the road and thought we would give it a try. Our standard order on our first visit to an Italian Restaurant is to try their Lasagna. The staff were very friendly and attentive without being overbearing. The food was excellent and Carlos, the friendly Maitre De encouraged us to come back and try the Garlic Prawns which we did the next night much to his surprise as we were returning to Melbourne the next day.

1  Thank DavidViewbank18