New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #521 of 4,101 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: US$37 - US$66
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic, View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brisbane, Australia
“In need of an overhaul”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

I had the opportunity of going with some friends for a hens night. The cruise was supposed to leave at 7.00pm but there was a delay, (reason not communicated) and I think we departed near 7.30pm. the boat was extremely hot and I asked if they had the air - conditioning turned on and the reply was that they wern't working tonight. They did have fans on but that different make a difference at all. It was extremely hot and humid.
The staff were friendly but not very organised. The poor bar attender was lovely but clearly flustered as he had no assistance.
The buffet came out, Seafood was nice. The rest of the buffet selections were appaling. Beef Stroganoff with too many Bay leaves left in the dish. Dried vegetables, Roast lamb was very fatty and very tough.
Moved onto dessert, Pavlova was ok but topping was terrible. Not sure what it even was.
I was so glad that we got back on time and go home. I will say the one good thing is the city views of all the amazing architecture we have in Brisbane. You can always take a city cat and bring a few sandwiches along! Never would I return to this establishment and I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank Kezza1003

• Indonesian first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Not that great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

I went on the lunch cruise and was looking forward to it. But it wasn't that great!!
The cruise itself was nice...going along the river and the views were nice.
But...the food wasn't worth it. The roast beef looked like it had been burnt, the pumpkin was undercooked and I didn't touch the noodle and vege dish cause it looked suspect. I had the lasagne, some Thai chicken and rice and they were OK. The bread rolls were nice, too. I was hoping the dessert would be better but...no! It was terrible. It looked like they had brought a couple of cakes from the supermarket and then cut them into small squares and shoved them on plates! Bad, bad, bad!!
I don't want to be all gloom and doom so.....I bought a couple of drinks and the guy behind the bar was friendly and the drinks were nice and cold.
Back to the bad bit....there was a guy doing all the talking ( I think he said he was the captain), and it was really difficult to understand him. I don't know if it's that he spoke toooo fast or if it was the big, bushy moustache he had but I only picked up a few words here and there. Then, in the breaks from talking, he played songs on an accordion - which is OK if that's what floats your boat so to speak!
Won't do it again and won't recommend it to anyone. It's cheaper to go on the citycat ferry and you see just as much and you could take your own lunch!

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Linda P
Redcliffe
“Relaxing, romantic, great night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Well organised cruise up the Brisbane river. Looking at all the city buildings and lights, enjoying a fantastic duo band with really good music from a few years ago, it was a great night. Buffet food was excellent and everybody had a really enjoyable time.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank vornb
Brisbane
“I will never go back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I have often wallked past the 2 replica paddle steamers at Eagle Street and wondered what the cruise would dinner cruise would be like. In December I was invited to experience it myself as a guest of a client of mine. From the moment I stepped on board I knew this was going to be very unpleasant, The food for the evening was steaming away uncovered in a bain marie the tables were laid like a very basic cafe,with the seating so close together we had to take it in turns to eat as we couldn't move our arms, the quality of the food was probably the worst I have experienced, it was like stepping back to the 70's. This is an attraction which is dire need of a new approach, to have such wonderful attractions offering such a poor customer experience is such a shame. The service was appalling, and "matter of fact" the food ( mostly cold was in most cases of very poor quality, apart from the seafood , limited to prawns and oysters, the wine included in the "drinks package" was cheap and nasty, the singer was dated and extremely amateur, the guy in charge was a bully . Never have I been happier to get off a floating vessel in my life. I wonder if the owners have ever dined on their vessels , it would appear not!!

• Visited December 2011
4 Thank oznic
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Great trip, great food - a Brisbane 'must do' great value and lovely views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

Great trip, great food - a Brisbane 'must do' great value and lovely views.
Visiting from the UK and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, certainly plenty to eat and very tasty

Visited February 2012