“OMG”

Ranked #72 of 5,006 Restaurants in Brisbane
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

I went to Jak + Hill on reading reviews. I am so glad I did. This place has the best coffee in town. The staff are friendly, the restaurant is clean, tidy, and bright with plenty of seating inside or out. I had the porridge, boring old porridge it is not. It is amazing, freshly made, hot topped with fruit and generous serving. I loved it.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Just checked out of the Mantra next door thought I'd try jak+hil for brekky. Sat myself at an outside table and waited..and waited...and waited....and waited for some sort of acknowledgement that I was there. Sign on door said to do exactly that. Didn't look overly busy. Anyhoo..after perusing the menu I decided on porridge and a tropical smoothie. A waiter finally appeared with some water, apologised for the delay, took my order then disappeared into the kitchen. Not long after, my tropical smoothie was presented. Really? Thats it for 8 bucks? 300 ml of blended ice water with a wave of tropical dust past through it. Underwhelming to say the least.
Next up the porridge. Wow, a visual masterpiece with taste to match! Covered in a mixture of fruits, the chopped dates stood out for me..absolute heaven one of the best porridges I have had the pleasure of consuming..and a generous serving to boot. I would have told the waiter this had I'd seen him again , alas it was not to be.
Overall Its an ok review from me. The porridge saved the day after being let down by the 'smoothie' and thin service.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Amazing brunch and lots of choice. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal. The service was good and nice outside seating area. The prices are a bit high but well worth it!!

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Breakfast here is not cheap. It's huge. Massive. If you are hungry, this is the place for you. We had Rösti waffles. We had bacon and eggs, which is served on a large wooden board and resembles a buffet for a family. Perfect. It will keep you fuelled up for the whole day, and you won't need to eat again until evening.

Coffee is good. Service is good. Food is good. You can sit inside or out. If a friend is visiting, say, the Brisbane Eye Clinic, you could probably sit here and eat while they are getting a needle stuck into their eyeball.

Not cheap. Massive.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Breakfast was really good, big portions, fresh, not too pricy. Really good place for a hearty meal. Staff were lovely