“Great Pizza, Beer, and Vibe! New Location is on Russell Street!”
Review of The Burrow

The Burrow
Ranked #285 of 4,721 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2016

Love this place ever since I first walked in shortly after they opened on Mollison St. Due to some development, they had to move out of the little building they were in, but quickly got set up about a half a klik down Boundary St at 52 Russel St.

Had a great 'Diana Ross' pizza and brew on the last day of business at Mollison St, and had a lovely 'PepperNoni' pizza and brew not long after they re-opened at their great new place on Russell St. For your Pizza and Beer fix in Brisbane, I highly recommend going to this place!

They also do breakfasts and good coffee too!

Reviewed 10 November 2016

Dined here recently with a small group. After waiting 30 minutes (everyone else had finished their food) 2 of us still had not yet received our food. When we asked about it (very hard to get anyone's attention), there was no record of the order. The gentleman was somewhat apologetic but no gesture was made to convince us it is worth returning here in the future. The food was tasty enough but nothing special.

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

Was excited about the reopening in the new location. The new decor was predictably hipster but really quite refreshing. Service was good and food was fast.Unfortunately the pizza menu has been simplified (there use to be an awesome menu with lots of interesting toppings) and the pepperoni pizza we ordered was a dissapointment to the usual fare we expected from the old burrow. Awful to say though I could have ordered a better and cheaper one from dominoes. In saying that I did quite enjoy the burger and salad. I hope pizzas can change back to the old burrow :(

Reviewed 26 October 2016

Went for dinner with my Brother and Sister and their partners, as my Sister wanted to check the place out after its recent change of address, and in advance of a (her) work do scheduled for the place in the coming weeks.

We weren't 100% settled on eating there (there are numerous eateries nearby) but we all thought the menu looked good enough to give it a go.

I went with the "Beef and Blue" Pizza and it was probably one of the best fancy pizzas that I've ever had. Everyone else enjoyed their meals as well.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Compared to the original location which felt like a burrow this is a brighter location (remodelled Queenslander) closer to the heart of West End.

The eggs on toast with avo and dukkah was very nice (I'm not a huge dukkah fan but this one was excellent - tasted very fresh and nutty).

Burrow still holds its trademark of warm, friendly casual service.

For me the let down is the coffee, I've always found it just OK (round the corner at Lokal & Co. it is much better).

Almost 4 stars....