All reviews convenience store train station chinese restaurant next door brisbane airport air port quiet neighborhood self cater short stay studio apartment early flight needed somewhere between flights would stay again room was spotless few minutes walk great shower next morning
Reviewed 15 June 2018

This is great basic self-catered accommodation within reach of the airport in a nice part of Brisbane. The property was super clean and well equipped with the basics. There was good space, comfortable bedding and thick, fluffy towels. We walked to nearby restaurants and there are 2 Translink train stations within an easy walk. The drive to the airport is 15 - 20 minutes.
The service was extremely helpful and friendly with a shuttle to the airport arranged and we were able to remain in our room until 11am. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Helen S, Manager at Aabon Apartments & Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Hello there tonimcallen

What can I say? THANKYOU!!!! We work as a pretty close knit team here and try our best to have everything topnotch when we can. Your review has made our day and we look forward to you coming back to visit us again in the future.

Until then, we hope you travel widely and have many times of good cheer.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Our return visit was superb. What an awesome upgrade. Comfortable apartment with plenty of room and a good kitchen with a full size fridge. Handy location and quiet. Wifi appreciated. Pity it was only for 1 night.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Helen S, Manager at Aabon Apartments & Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Hello there Saima

It is always a pleasure to be able to offer an upgrade if we can! We loved having you stay with us and we really appreciate your feedback. You have made our day with your kind words. We hope all of your journeys in the future are great and that you have some amazing adventures too.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Staying in Brisbane for two nights to enjoy the Commonwealth Games and needed somewhere good value with enough room for the family. The Aabon is exactly that. Pretty easy to find from the freeway and located close to the train station it's perfectly suited for our weekend. Check in was super easy, we were made very welcome and quickly given all the information about the motel and surrounding areas. Of all the places we've stayed this was the most comprehensive welcome we've had, most excellent customer service
The motel has two locations, rooms above and around reception and apartments located across the road. Our apartment had 7 beds plus a sofa bed spread out across three bedrooms, a lounge and kitchen with dinner table. Plenty of space and clean and tidy. Bathroom with bath and shower and separate toilet so no embarrassment if the bathroom is occupied. The kitchen is properly laid out, not just a nook with a kettle, with microwave, hob and a fridge freezer.
Free wifi with really good signal strength.
Over by reception is a neat and tidy swimming pool, looks very inviting.
The motel is located next to a convenience store and a great Chinese takeaway. There is parking under the apartments but it's very tight, parking kerbside wasn't an issue. Being in Brisbane there is a bit of road noise, which takes a little getting used to. Overall very good.
A great place to stay which will go on our favourite list for later in the year.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Helen S, Manager at Aabon Apartments & Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Hello there Paul

Thank you Paul for taking the time out to write such a lovely review - it is really appreciated. As we work as a close knit team, I have passed your words onto all the staff and they are so happy! It really does help us to stay motivated and continue to strive to keep the standards up!

Just as you said in your description, we love the apartment that you stayed in. I would happily live there permanently, as it is so spacious and you can really feel home due to how it is set up so well. The same can be said about where we are located. It is very convenient to have the small stretch of shops across the road. What I also like is that we are located 1. Halfway between the airports and the city, and 2. We have the AirTrain from the airport and the suburban network only 300m away from us. We become a very convenient located to get around all of the Qld SE network!

Until the next time we meet, have many great adventures and pleasant journeys.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Stayed overnight in one bedroom apartment. On arrival Helen in reception was warm, friendly and genuinely helpful which makes staying here a home away from home. The furnishings may not be as hip as other hotels or apartments but as other reviews stated the location wins hands down. Close to train station so getting to city or airport a breeze. Make sure your go card is topped up if you’re from out of town as paper tickets are generally double the price. Great air conditioning in lounge kept Brisbane humidity bearable for comfortable overnight sleep. Could hear early risers upstairs banging about but have heard much worse in hotels with doors slamming. Went to great French restaurant 5 minutes away for dinner. Will stay here again. Great pool area near reception where people can relax

Room Tip: Apartment behind reception have plenty of car parking area which is safe and handy
Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Hello there feedbackthetruth

Let me feedbackthetruth to you! We are very honoured and grateful for your kind words. We really do like what we do and we all work together here as a team to make sure that everything is as it should be. Since you have stayed, I have continued my quest to get through all of the local restaurants. It has been a struggle, but it has had to be done. The quality discovered has been surprising as I would have expected to get a lot less for what we have been paying for. As I have been away for a long time from Brisbane, having more choices now shows me restaurant competition is alive and well in our area. As time moves on, I have also started the renovations and am up to my third room. It is all very exciting!

I look forward to seeing you again in the future and hope to be able to send you on another great adventure in beautiful Brisbane.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

We wanted a hotel close to the airport and found Aabon. The rooms are very clean, the staff are very welcoming and the complex it right near a convenience store and a chinese take away (which was delicious). It is also in walking distance (15 mins) of Lutwyche Shopping Centre. I would stay again and would recommend

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and it was very quiet with our car parked right outside so not far to carry luggage
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello there Alanna52

Thank you so much for your kind words. It makes us feel terrific if we can make your experience pleasant whilst you are visiting beautiful Brisbane. I cannot agree more about our location in regards to the airport and shopping. I know that I should walk to Lutwyche more often as it is so close. You have reminded me not to be lazy! And with how much you pay for parking at the airport, I have been using our shuttle as it is only $22 for me and the kids together. 10-15 minutes and we are there - no hassles.

Thanks again and we wish you all the best in the future.