We arrived in the morning and requested a room earlier than normal check in time, front desk staff were polite and helpful and organised a room within the hour for us. We stayed in a deluxe garden view room, that was very clean and spacious but had a small bathroom in comparison. The beds are great, very roomy and comfortable, lots of pillows to choose from. The windows are large with beautiful views of the garden out the front and the glimpses of the river behind. There was no street noise at all and no noise of neighbouring rooms which made for a pleasant nights sleep.
The hotel was only a 10 minute walk from central railway station, it was located right next to several eateries, shops, there were taxi's waiting out the front at all times we were there but we did not need any as we were in the heart of the city to walk around and the wharf for the ferry was a very short walk away and made it extremely quick and easy to be able to explore across the river and see more of Brisbane city.
I reccommend taking up the hotels offer and requesting complimentary check out at midday.
The only negative we noticed was upon entering the foyer and lifts there was a distinct smell which was quite unpleasant because it was extremely strong scented.
Overall, I can not wait to stay here again. Great hotel, great location, with great staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal on the Park is conveniently located just a 5 minute stroll away from Brisbane's CBD and popular Queen Street Mall shopping precinct. Facing the Beautiful Botanic Gardens at the green end of the CBD, it gives the feeling of being in a calm oasis. Outside the front door, age-old Moreton Bay fig trees, soaring bamboo and ancient travellers' palms stand sentinel opposite the hotel. Royal on the Park features 153 spacious guest rooms and suites, tailoring amenities and services to both leisure and business travellers! All guests, diners and delegates can enjoy complimentary hi speed wifi with no download limits. The Walnut Restaurant has consistently remained a favourite venue for local visitors and regular hotel diners. Ask about our new a la carte menu featuring fresh local produce from Queensland farmers. For those with fitness in mind, the largest in-ground hotel pool in Brisbane together with spa and top floor gymnasium provide the freedom to relax and unwind or to enjoy an energetic work-out. A kick start to the day is made easy with an invigorating early morning jog around the numerous pathways of the Botanic Gardens. The hotel is well renowned for its in room facilities. Combining digital free to air television, Foxtel and satellite channels from around the world. A wide selection of pay per view blockbuster movies and favourites for adults and children alike. 37 radio stations combining local AM and FM channels with international flavour. This combines for a total of 188 viewing and listening opportunities. Whether you are looking for a conference venue, planning a Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner or perhaps even a Wedding, the hotel has up to 8 elegant function rooms to select from, catering up to 800 cocktail style or 400 banquet style. Guests of Royal on the Park are well placed to enjoy the range of leisure activities in Brisbane. It's just a boardwalk stroll along the water's edge to the Riverside Markets and an abundance of restaurants and al fresco cafes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Royal On The Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal On The Park Hotel Brisbane
- Royal On The Park Brisbane
- Park Royal