All reviews watermark hotel roma street parklands free bus st andrews hospital deluxe twin room across the road spring hill loop room was clean undercover parking suncorp stadium buffet breakfast two night stay good size late checkout free wifi road noise room service
Reviewed 29 August 2018

A very pleasant stay for 3 nights. Reception very helpful with maps & directions. Housekeeping excellent each morning. On the down side - the
dullest lit room I have ever stayed in, so bad, I left my mobile behind when I vacated before dawn. Top marks to housekeeping & George at reception for their help in returning it to me. Sorry, but I won't stay again until the light bulbs are replaced.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the lifts
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
JudeP160, General Manager at The Park Hotel Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear 476 Crossword,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read you had a pleasant stay and the staff were helpful, especially George. We are in the process of upgrading the lighting in our rooms and this project should be finished soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

I am always cautious about the hotels I book and usually do a lot of research before booking them, however for the Park Hotel it was all about Locaction, Location, Location, and despite not wanting much more, I was pleasantly surprised with the level of comfort, space and not to mention the well stocked mini-bar in the room.
Food for both dinner and breakfast was well delicious, and the variety of buffet food for breakfast was awesome. Staff were both profesional and friendly, which made our stay all that more pleasant. As for down sides...well a couple; parking out the front is limited and guests are charged for under cover parking. We were told that dinner was available in the restaurant from 5:00pm, however when walking into the restaurant not long after, we were told the kitchen didn’t open till 6:30. We were however OK to order just before 6pm, and food was served not long after.
Oh, my partner also just reminded me, the bed was a little creaky and too noisy if doing anything else apart from sleeping.

Stayed: August 2018
2  Thank Jan R

Dear Jan R,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. I am pleased to read that your stay was a pleasant surprise. I am surprised myself about the delay you experienced in the restaurant which is not typical. I have asked our maintenance team to investigate the creaks in the bed.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

Stayed here for a couple of nights on the 5th floor (facing the main road / park).
Since taking over what used to be called the Watermark, The Park Hotel has some great rates as an introduction to the change over. They are now part of the Rydges chain, as I booked on the Rydges website to earn priority points (as well as late checkout). Room was spacious and clean. Had a nice 2 seat round dining table, as well as chaise lounge to chill on

It is a little out the way but not too far if you want to get some exercise and walk around on a nice day. You can cut through the Park and head through the under path of the Train station to get to the city quicker (Suncorp Stadium end of the city)

Staff were lovely, both ladies on check in and check out were brilliant. Professional but friendly.

Had room service dinner on the last night and that was very good. There are no shops nearby. Woolworths Fortitude Valley is about a 15-20min walk. There is also a Coles up the road about the same time. There is a McDonalds and KFC at the train station

My only minor issue. The lift. Only one lift access and could cause a little delay at peak periods. I waited with another gent when we were checking out, we joked that everyone was checking out at the same time

At special rates would definitely consider staying here again

Dear Travelman2500,

Thank you for the great review. I appreciate the detail about the surrounding amenities. I am pleased to read of the positive experience with room service and that the receptions staff were professional and friendly. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

I have stayed here 3 times now. Always enjoy the hospitality and great service. Rooms are of a good size also. Only downside can be the noise coming up from the road. Despite my room facing the back street, I was still woken at 5am by garbage trucks, motorbikes and traffic.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where the bedhead doesn't have the lift on the other side of the wall.

Dear _lauriensue,

Thank you for your great review. It is great to read that we have been able to accommodate you several times and provide great hospitality and service. I apologise for the disruption from the traffic. We have altered the pickup schedule of the garbage trucks to avoid the too early wake up calls.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

Wanted to try a 4.5 star hotel so chose The Park. It didn't live up to my expectations. We had 3 people staying but were only provided with 2 towels. My husband commented that we had 2 star towels for a 4 star hotel as they were very thin and small. Reception was very good when I rang them and brought a towel up straight away. The room was not as clean as it could be. Someone else's chocolate wrappers were left in a drawer. Again staff were helpful, offering to remove them but I'd already thrown them in the bin. We were right near the lifts which are very noisy. There was no hot water for a shower early in the morning and when reception was notified, they just said they'd tell their maintenance staff. There is a free bus Mon-Fri which leaves from just outside the hotel so that was a bonus. The wi-fi worked well and it was easy to connect. There is an in-house restaurant with satisfactory meals. There is an option to 'go green' and not get your room serviced every day. It's the little things that really count and make a stay exceptional. Sadly, The Park did not provide us with an exceptional stay.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear Krums2016,

Thanks you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I apologise for the service failures that detracted from your experience. As you say, the little things count and it appears we have not delivered in this instance. in relation to the hot water, we were able to identify an issue which has now been rectified. We hope to be able to host you again for your next stay in Brisbane.