1,842 results
All reviews the executive lounge the river valet parking story bridge a river view room seafood buffet eagle street pier room service hotel restaurant an upgrade queen street king bed business trip stayed here for one night mini bar fortitude valley south bank
Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at the Marriott. The pros are the location, very clean rooms, friendly maid service, nice executive lounge with a great view. The rooms are simple, not too big but ours had a lovely view. Overall it is a great hotel to stay at with shopping and restaurants within walking distance. We were just disappointed the hot tub didn't work although the pool area is beautiful. We didn't use it though because of the cold hot tub.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
BrisManagement, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2016

Dear Traveller.
Thank you for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review following your recent stay with Brisbane Marriott. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I will be sure to communicate your comments with our associates. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

First time stay at the Marriott. Excellent room, excellent service, cleanliness perfect. The food was delicious. Couldn't have asked for a better stay. The location and view was perfect. On arrival we were given a glass of champagne and I thought that was a perfect start to the stay. Keep it up it really gives you a surprise lift in mood. You were treated very special.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Traveller,
Thank you for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review. I am delighted to read that your stay for Riverfire celebrations was enjoyable. We received such fabulous feedback from the night and it is wonderful to know that you were well looked after.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Brisbane Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Did Marriott service drop after the merger with SPG? seems so after my recent stays with them. Because the service and communications were poor, upon check in the front desk try to convince me that I have been upgraded to a room that I actually booked for!! Yes you pay for it and they tell you it's an upgrade, the gentlemen after I showed him my booking details and he realized the hotels mistake he then said: ok we(the hotel) will upgrade you to the other side of the hotel with a slightly better view!(what an upgrade offer),
I also booked for a double (separate) beds but they decided to give me a king size bed despite adding my reference on the Marriott app and replaying to their email inquiring of my bookings(yes had to share my bed with a guy for the 2nd time with the same hotel chain in one week when I'm a light sleeper), They offered to move me later at night but that's after my elderly father and I settled in his stuff for a one night stop, also ordered a wake up call that never came at 5am because I had an early flight to catch, the executive lounge smelled, the location is very good and easy to reach, the hotel is old and in need of renovation, I sent them 2 emails the past 3 months ago (July) and received no answer till this day (late sep), the complimentary full speed Internet was slow and cutting off but also occasionally fast.

Diffidently my last first and stay here.

Location: 9/10
Staff: 3/10
Internet/wifi: 5/10

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank AlAmmari89
BrisManagement, Front Office Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2016

Dear Traveller,

First and foremost, my sincere apologies for any disappointment you experienced. We appreciate all feedback and, while it’s never pleasant to hear of our shortcomings, it does allow us to refocus our energies on providing the high standards of service and product for which we are known. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the locality of the hotel, but am sorry for the disappointing experience you and your family have had. Please be assured that the issues you have outlined will be closely addressed with the teams responsible. My apologies again and I do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel, to show that we are capable of meeting your expectations in all areas of our service.

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

The room was a typical Marriot room...
the room wasnt clean;behide the tv, u could see a package of socks of the previous erson whi was staying there, the carpet had many spots and the windows not clear. It was really disappointing but the staff was really helpful and polite..but,is this enough?

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Ifigeneia13
BrisManagement, Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2016

Dear traveller,

Thank you for your feedback of the Brisbane Marriott Hotel. I am very concerned to hear of the disappointing level of cleanliness in our room, so please be assured that this will be addressed with our Housekeeping team. Thank you for your kind words about our staff - my apologies again and I do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

I stayed at the Brisbane Marriott and was super impressed. The staff were accommodating and friendly, even with a late booking and then check in. Our room was really clean, and just perfect for what we needed. The food at the breakfast buffet the next morning was brilliant too!! I wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
BrisManagement, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

Dear Traveller,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your positive comments are greatly appreciated and we hope we can welcome you back soon for a longer stay.