“Catering”

Ranked #363 of 5,187 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: US$2 - US$21
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This licensed cafe is housed in a beautifully renovated 1920's building situated in historic Stones Corner. With beautiful surroundings the cafe and staff offer food, service and coffee all served with a helping of love. Outdoor Dog Friendly seating for 40 and inside People Friendly seating for 60. Come visit us soon for an amazing meal or coffee made from fresh produce sourced locally.
Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

I have had the team at lady marmalade cater for 2 significant birthdays for myself and my father since they changed hands last year. I cannot speak highly enough about the awesome service the amazing food-a lot of my family are vegetarians and Sonya was so accommodating and had great suggestions each time. The food is amazing always beautifully presented and you can do as much or as little of the presentation that you want. She also arranged beautiful flowers and a cake too complete with candles.

I have also eaten at the cafe numerous times and have always been blown away by the friendliness of the staff and the awesome food

I would highly (and do) recommend this place to my friends

1  Thank FernieBogey
LadyMarmaladeCafe, Owner at Lady Marmalade Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016

Thank you for this lovely review. We thank you for taking the time to review our café. We hope to see you again soon. Many thanks
Sonja Searle

Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

We tried this place after reading the great reviews and we were not disappointed. The service was friendly & efficient - attentive but not intrusive . We were offered another coffee as our plates were cleared. I had the special with sweet potato hash! Yum! And my husband tried the B-HAL-T - he loved it. The menu is extensive and caters for vegos as well as carnivores! Next time we save room for something sweet!

1  Thank tandjadventures
LadyMarmaladeCafe, Owner at Lady Marmalade Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2016

Thank you for this amazing review, we strive every day to provide our customers with excellent food and friendly service - thank you for noticing.

Reviewed 20 February 2016

I am a long-term and frequent visitor of Lady Marmalade cafe but so sad to see its decline since changing hands. Thank goodness the same chef appears to be there creating the favourites, but other than that I am going there less and less.

On several visits we sat surrounded by filthy tables, guests had long gone but their plates hadn't been cleared. Occassionally a staff member would clear one but leave the others.

Our meal was brought out at 8.30am in the morning by a large man with huge sweat patches all over his shirt. I'm sure he's a decent, hard-working person, but carrying food and looking like you need a hose down is not great for the appetite. The quirky and fun staff has been let go and now it's a bit of a family affair. I love to support local business but sad to see my favourite cafe in the area decline.

2  Thank Helen G
Reviewed 18 February 2016

Popped in to this quirky café for a late breakfast, after seeing a great review in the weekend paper which called it the "Best vegan breakfast in Qld". I would actually disagree, but having said that, it wasn't the worst either. It's set on a busy traffic corner, no air-con, but the large ceiling fans were working hard to move the air around. Pleasant staff, you need to go straight to the counter to order, then the food is brought to the table. It's a help-yourself-to-cold-water-in-the-fridge arrangement.No-one came near us again to see how we were enjoying the food or anything. It was filling, generous serves. Just feel I wouldn't rush back but would recommend it to others.

We are sorry to hear you didn't LOVE the vegan breakfast as much as Oscher loves it. Each dish is personal come back and try some more we would love to see you. We have an amazing selection of breakfast dishes and we do hope you come and try another dish. Thanks so much for taking the time to visit us and for the review. Have a fabulous week.

Reviewed 23 January 2016 via mobile

When the table numbers are plastic figurines you know you're going to have a memorable visit. Fresh juices, baked eggs with haloumi (yum!), rapid service and vintage crockery. Only thing is they are so popular that no reservations are taken and you may be politely asked to leave your table once done eating for waiting guests.

Thank you for your review. We are so glad you enjoy our visits, our table animals and our food. We hope we have never asked you to move on and if so I apologise we hope all our guests enjoy their time with us. We hope to see you again soon!!! Again thank you for your review.