“Recommended ”

majo's
Ranked #527 of 4,723 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Recently opened as a new restaurant in New Farm Brisbane.
Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

Lovely staff. Decent food. Good portions. Value for money.
Traditional carbonara was very tasty.
Entree of salt and pepper squid hit the spot.

Reviewed 30 April 2016

This place used to be a family favourite, not any longer. We decided to give it the third last chance and were extremely disappointed. We got one drink - not offered any more, even though we put empty glasses to the edge of the table where the staff standing behind the counter doing nothing, could clearly see. The food was very ordinary, the pasta was a bit tasteless last time so we tried the calamari and a salad. The calamari was tough and the coating fell all over the plate, it was not stuck, the salad that was with it appeared to have come out of a bag and been chucked in a bowl with some tomato and cucumber. The Caesar salad was too oily, the dressing to vinegary and just generally very ordinary. Seems since the change of management the food and the service has gone downhill. We wont be back

1  Thank Nicky M
Reviewed 31 March 2016

My wife and I had dinner here following a visit to the nearby cinema. The restaurant has a welcoming atmosphere helped enormously by the owner and his wife(?).
I decided to have pizza and my wife had Barramundi. Both excellent, my only preference would have been to have a thinner pizza base, but the toppings were excellent. Staff went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed our visit and both were from Italy.

Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

Long standing Italian eatery in New Farm. Great menu selection with iconic pastas and pizzas the highlight. Have been quite a few times and the food and service are always of a high standard. Casual relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 26 January 2016

Not much to say. We arrived, the courteous and attentive waiter served us straight away, we ordered and got our meals within 5 minutes.
My Fettuccine alla Boscaiola were very very good and the size of my dish was soo big, could have fed at least two people.
Very happy.