“Pre-theatre dinner”

Montagues at Riverside
Ranked #1,663 of 4,825 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: US$20 - US$39
Description: Montagues Restaurant is located inside Riverside Hotel. The restaurant caters for the hotel guests and also external guests visiting the area. The food prepared is based on local fresh produce and all our recipes are made onsite by the team of chefs. We offer breakfast 7 days a week and lunch Monday to Saturday and dinner Monday to Saturday. Riedel Wine Glasses and quality Australian Wines are a well received product from our guests, and our Signature Dishes are specially designed and made by the chefs.
Reviewed 26 March 2017

As we were staying at the Riverside Hotel in order to attend a theatre performance at QPAC, my friend and I decided to have dinner early downstairs at the venue's restaurant Montague's. We shared an entry of a pizza bread with proscuitto on it and both felt it was delicious, and happened to choose the same main of pistachio-crumbed chicken breast served on roast vegetables. It, too, was delightful. The only thing I would have changed about the meal was if the accompanying roast vegetables had been hotter, as they were served semi-cold. Other than that, it was a lovely meal and the staff were attentive and helpful.

1  Thank Deb B

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

I felt sorry for people waiting for service as the front end staff were awol - a lot. 2 people doing room service deliveries, serving at the bar, leaving the till unattended, taking orders, etc - maybe employ more staff? Talk about security issues... Food on the other hand was yummy!

Reviewed 25 February 2017

Having already given this quaint little restaurant and its quirky staff a scant mention in my review of the Riverside Hotel, I now acknowledge them in detail, because they are the heart and soul of the Montague's experience.

First we have the irrepressible Greg, barman extraordinaire, who entertains and delights with his remarkable bar knowledge and gregarious nature...simply a joy to meet this tap-dancer of cocktails.

His accomplice Nick, who I think is either the Chef, or pretends to be, is the Hardy to Greg's Laurel, altogether part of a team who enjoy their work and their lives and are happy to show the world their art and wisdom!

And diminutive tho he may be in stature, there is the man-for-all-seasons Geoff, who has the gift of being everywhere at once, with a smile as big as the Brisbane River in flood.

This dynamic trio light up the restaurant and add to the pleasure of an excellent menu.

Thanks, y'all for making a great visit, Sam shall return...so chill those Martini's Greg!!!

Anthony B, Manager at Montagues at Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Hi Sam

Thanks for the kind words. It was our teams pleasure in assisting. I am glad you enjoyed the team and the service and that your trip to dinner at your son's suggested venue in Brisbane was also a rewarding night with great food and service.

Anthony Burke
F&B Manager

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

I took my 5 year old nephew down for breakfast on a Sunday. Friendly staff and great value as kids under 8 eat free as long as an adult has buffet/buys from menu.

The waffle bar was a lot of fun and the nephew loved it. Fresh fruit and juice along with toast and tea coffee.

I had the French toast from the menu and it was the best I've ever had. Light and very tasty.

Dinner is lunch menu is also good. I'd suggest the steak sandwich

1  Thank Brookv25
Reviewed 25 January 2017

Breakfast was lovely. Cereals, fresh fruits as well as tinned fruits, toast and fruit loaf, ham eggs tomatoe cheese. Make your own waffles with compote,cinnamon sugar
,lemon juice or maple syrup. Muffins a huge verity to fill up on before our adventures.