All reviewsparap villagemindil beachclean poolboat clubvisit darwinminutes walk awayfirst floorcomfortable staywalking distancecentral darwinaccommodationbalconybbqkey
Reviewed 10 May 2016

Friendly helpful staff, clean and great rates. Location is perfect for Mindil markets and sunset. Close to CBD. Staff could not do enough to make our stay great. They were good at recommending things to see and do and also with car hire got us a great value place to rent a car.

Room Tip: we were on the lower floor and was so quiet and handy
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Tanya M
Reviewed 13 February 2016

Have stayed at Paravista on and off the past 6 years.Hotels in Darwin in general a major rip off.$10 probably for a taxi into the CBD from Paravista.Bargain.Prices for rooms brilliant.Pool area great to relax and read and chat with other guests.Denis is normally around the place and we would catch up on what I've been up to since my last visit.Tenielle also with her smiling face is always around.Great little balcony in rooms.Paraphernalia village around the corner for a stroll for some great coffees.Would highly recommend to anyone who wants to stay in Darwin either for one night or more.Denis and Tenielle are more than happy to recommend places to eat,things to do etc.Great place also to have a drink in the afternoons with the managers at the end of their working day.Tell me what motel do you get that at..Late night check in's easily accessible.Have recommended Denis and Tenielle to a lot of travellers over the years.Save the ridiculous dollar's you will pay in average hotels in Darwin CBD and stay at Paravista.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Firish2014
Reviewed 12 September 2015

I am a solo traveller. It is a cheaper motel out of Darwin central at Parap. Close to Parap shopping and markets. It is an old motel so it has history. The room was clean and had and has the basic ammenities. The only hassle was there is no lift so if you are loaded with baggage. (Like I was!) perhaps request a ground floor room...dragging suitcases up and down the stairs is uncomfortable.

Room Tip: No lift...Book ground floor room if you have lots of baggage.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank sarah k
Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

We stayed at the Paravista Motel
For 4 nights. The motel is very tired and needs updating. We were lucky to be give a ground floor room. There are 3 floors with no lifts.
Good location with a lovely coffee shop around the corner a small supermarket and a good laundromat.
Staff were very helpful and friendly. Bus stop to the city close by.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Edna T
Reviewed 30 June 2015

This is an older style motel that's been refurbished and is operated by a really friendly family.
There's no lift so if climbing stairs is an issue for you make sure you mention it. The rooms are clean, freshly painted, have nice comfortable bedding as well as a fridge, coffee/tea making.The room I had also had a small balcony with table & chairs.There's a small but clean pool, and upstairs they have a communal kitchen.
The day I was leaving they let me stay late into the afternoon, which I REALLY appreciated as I had a late flight - no-one does this anymore!!
AND free wifi-which only one other hotel that I know of in Darwin has!
I recommend this little place.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business