“Delicious Indian Food”

Indian Chef Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 103 Restaurants in Alice Springs
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Four of us recently ate-in at the Indian Chef restaurant. Two of our party are vegetarians, but they became "flexitarian" as we ordered some poultry and seafood- based dishes. We all thought the food was terrific, and it is a BYO restaurant, but they don't charge per glass if you BYO (we've run into a per-glass charge at other BYO establishments). We had so much food that we took away leftovers, and added them to a soup we prepared the next day - yum! Our server was especially nice and helped us decipher the menu.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Please keep in mind I am a frequent Trip Advisor user and this is my first ‘terrible’ review.

As a vegetarian I am forever eating Indian food as I believe it is the best kind of vego meal you can have. I ordered the two vego dishes on display (they have a small selection of meals on display and a very big menu of which they would prepare in the kitchen), with rice and a naan.

It was the most taste Indian I have ever had and I was really disappointed. As I was travelling through and ordered take away there was no going back.

Unsatisfying - hopefully it was a bad day. But come on, Indian food is famous for flavour and there was absolutely none. I unfortunately wouldn’t recommend.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

The 2 of us had dinner in the restaurant at Alice Springs and it did not disappoint.
We are familiar with Indian flavours and this food was worth coming out for.
We had so much , onion Pekora, somosa, chicken tandoori, cauliflower and capsicum, dosa, spinage and cheese , beef tika-masala.
Would recommend this restaurant to anybody who appreciates good Indian food.
Thanks.

2  Thank Michael F
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

I’ve ordered takeaway / delivery from here a few times now, and it’s been average. The butter chicken is nice ( I don’t like spicy food ), but it’s mild enough for me. Rice is good, pappadams are great, but the garlic naan isn’t good, which is why I scored down. The garlic is nowhere to be found, it’s always cold when it is delivered, and it’s quite floury.
Delivery is usually not too long, 30-60 minutes, and the delivery person is always cheerful. You pay by card when your food arrives, which is easy.
I’ll probably use them again, but definitely won’t be ordering the garlic naan ( it wasn’t a once off, but 3 separate times ).

1  Thank 977stepht
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Amazing Indian. Very friendly customer service, had a good chat to the chefs. Truly the best butter chicken I've ever had - absolutely incredible and highly recommend.

1  Thank GraceReviewsFood