All reviews free camping ayers rock ensuite room working cattle station beer was cold kings canyon cooked meals true aussie stuart highway meals were great toilet block hot shower basic accommodation australian outback accommodation options overnight stop northern territory
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Used this place as a stop between Uluru climbs and visiting the Olgas.
The site is super basic, we paid extra for power - so we could cook and use the heater. No idea if there is a camp kitchen... Toilets were adequate, but pretty much in the middle of all the elements/outdoors! Showers were at a cost of $3 and cold, so we avoided that.
Cow ranch across the road, super noisy throughout the night! But, great location for easy access to Uluru.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bryony H
Lyndee S, Manager at Curtin Springs Wayside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Hi Bryony, Thank you for taking the time to put up a review. Did you let someone know that the hot water wasn't working in the campground? They are an instant gas system, so there should always be hot water. We have a free BBQ area, that all our guests are welcome to use. Cows do talk to each other - just as we do - and during the nighttime hours when they come into get a drink, it is their social time! I hope you had a great time in Central Australia!

Reviewed 17 July 2018

Loved it here guys. Got to meet Peter Severin. Lovely gentleman. Had a nice little yarn with him.Had tea there on our second night after we got back there late from Ayers Rock. The T-Bone was awesome. I've read a couple of bad reviews and really don't know what they are batting on about. Curtin Springs in very remote. If you want to drive in parts of this country, then you have to pay the price of the fuel that is set. I think your costs are very fair. People don't really have any idea what costs it takes to run these places. Very selfish people. Sometimes i think people just like to whinge because they like the sound of their own voice and the fact that that they don't find any joy in anything. Well done. The staff were friendly and my family and I met some of the most nicest people we have ever met, travelling just like us. Will be back in the future. Cheers :) Mel

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Melissa G
Lyndee S, Manager at Curtin Springs Wayside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

Thank you so much Mel for understanding and appreciating. I hope you had an amazing visit to Central Australia!

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Stop over to get dinner a week ago. Left hungry. Could not get served. Not even to order. Staff frantic and bar area blocked by group around white bearded man (? Management) joking with his friends for an hour while I waited to try to get to the bar to order. White bearded man came out from talking once as I asked waitress who finally appeared if my order could go with the other order (people who had just ordered). White beard in flanno shirt yelled in my face “can’t you see we’re really busy?’ Yes,he was telling racist jokes. As prior review mentioned. Yes, I suspect he is under paying his staff and his abusing them was observed. Yes he was drinking while in charge of the bar.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Carole G
Lyndee S, Manager at Curtin Springs Wayside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Wow, we really didn't do anything right did we? It has been the busiest week on record in Central Australia with lots of visitors making their way to the Centre. Can I ask - if you were close enough to to hear conversations than how could you not also observed just how busy the store was and how many customers were served, how many meals were delivered, how many accommodations were checked in and how many customers were provided with service and how hard everyone was working? Contrary to your opinion, no-one was sitting in the bar simply chatting. Everyone was running very hard. I do not appreciate your implication that we are not paying staff properly, this is entirely unncessary and completely inappropriate as well as being blatantly untrue. If you consider good old fashioned jokes about ourselves - racist - that is an interesting opinion. The other customers in the bar commented back to us about the abuse that our staff took from you at the time and complimented us on our handling of difficult customers. So, we all have very different opinions of that very short period of time the other evening. I do hope you did find some wonderful experiences in Central Australia.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Unsure what the negative reviews are about. Maybe they were just upset about another experience. This is a great option. Much cheaper and only need to drive 45 min to an hour to uluru. Clean and comfortable rooms. Meals in price are comparable to most in OZ and much cheaper than the resort... Meal quality is high. You get to meet more traveling Australians here than internationals at the resort if that's your thing. I like it. Also you get to support a cattle family, How good is that. I read the racist comment. Weird. No sight of it here. They employ lots of people which gives plenty of people an opportunity to experience this area. I will stay here again given the option. Oh and cheaper fuel than the resort. Only stay at the resort if you plan on drinking and being unable to drive an hour. or if $300 (difference of accommodation cost) is worth less than 2 hours back and forth of your time on holidays (not professional time). Free camping to my understanding, but at least come in and buy a beer or soft drink for respect. Book ahead as it was booked out when I was here. 2 nights separated by a night this time.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank B138877
Lyndee S, Owner at Curtin Springs Wayside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you B138877 for your lovely comments and just getting it! I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us and it sounds like you have had a great time in the region. We think it's pretty special! Travel safely.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

A great place to use as a base when visiting this area. Only 100kms to Uluru. Basic amenities but clean. A very welcoming place and very generous to provide free camping area. Great food. My experiene there was great.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen F
Lyndee S, Owner at Curtin Springs Wayside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Thank you Karen F for your kind words.