All reviewsgolf clubgolf coursesmall kitchenetterecommend this resortcooking facilitiesself containedswimming poolair contown centrewithin walking distancebbq areastayed here for nightsplace to stayfree wifisingle bedquiet locationcrowne plaza
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Disappointing villa's, too basic, bathroom does not deserve that name, no space inside for a table or comfortable chair, all beds in one room thus no privacy for teenage children / parents. In need for refurbishment, no nice views from veranda but just a tarmac street, neighbours on less than 2 metres ... All in one: no value for money.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Arrived to find booking had been cancelled. They couldn't provide an email showing the cancellation. Had to pay again as they said the money had been refunded to our travel Agent.. No apologies.Provided with 2 towels but only one flannel- asked for another one - refused.Great for personal hygeine (Not). One flannel ripped and so thin it was only a rag.
Used towels and the rag had to be taken to reception as they had not been replaced.
Reception grudgingly replaced them but had to cart the old stuff back to unit.
Never able to speak to management.Money not received by travel agent.

No friendly smiles in reception ever experienced.Definitely not recommended.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Angie R, Owner at Desert Palms Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Thank you for your review which I must say I was very concerned when I read it. I are concerned re mentioning your booking had been cancelled and money refunded to your Travel Agent as we have no record of any bookings being cancelled or money refunded. This we would just not do. If you could please contact us with your details I would very much like the opportunity to be able to look into this further or if you could please get your travel agent to contact management so we can follow this through. In regards to the towels, there is a notice in the room saying if you do not wish your towels to be changed please leave them hanging on the towel rail. If you wish fresh towels please leave on floor. I are wondering if this was not the reason they were not changed. I are also not sure why you could not speak to management as they do live on site and someone is always available. I do apologies if the receptionist was not friendly. This is certainly not what we like to hear as we pride ourselves on our friendly service. If you could please send us more detail I would happily like to look into the situation. Regards

Reviewed 31 July 2018

We arrived late ,it was dark and it was difficult to get into our room as there was no light over the door .No assistance was given to us. The room was smelly. They apparently have plumbing problems there. When I complained about the smell they were happy to move us to another room which suited us better. The room was clean and had cooking facilities .There is no restaurant on sight but the bowling club and Hilton Hotel are both within walking distance. Food supplies available for purchase in the office. They do have a beautiful pool but it was too cold to use it in June. The staff were friendly !

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Maree B
Angie R, Owner at Desert Palms Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Thank you for your review and I are sorry to read you were disappointed and no assistance was given to find your room. I have past this on to my staff and asked in future if they can please help if guests are having difficulty. I was pleased to read though that you were moved to a more suitable room and are sorry if the room was smelly due to plumbing issues which were beyond our control at that time of night. It was also nice to read you found our staff friendly.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Alice Springs. Definitely forget all the other properties there - all old and shabby. Desert Palms is good value for money and the rooms are cozy. On site laundry which is very convenient with soap provided free of charge; also within walking distance to the town center.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank SAR2012
Angie R, Owner at Desert Palms Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thank you for your lovely review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Regards Angie

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at Desert Palms. Good quality, clean and roomy unit. Kitchenette was a bit disappointing with no built in stove top. Fridge was only bar fridge size. Queen size bed was very comfortable. Small breakfast table with 2 chairs. Ensuite was reasonable size with large shower and lots of hot water. Car parking was convenient right in front of the unit. The property seemed secure. The laundry had only 2 washing machines and dryers which seemed small compared to the number of units but we had no trouble getting access. Overall, given the price, it was good value accommodation

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LindsayMann
Angie R, Owner at Desert Palms Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you for your nice review, It was good to read you found us good value. Regards