All reviewscentral locationcentre of towntodd mallnoisy at nightclose to shopsbasic roomfree wifiday touranzac hillnight stayrooms are cleangreat place to staynice pooltavernunclealicesupermarket
Reviewed 30 August 2015

Centrally located, onsite parking, cafe's, shops, bars and restaurants all within walking distance. Friendly helpful reception staff.
Our room was above the bar which was a little noisy, but with the door shut and aircon on, it was fine. Very clean, large comfortable room with a great firm bed.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Jnine7-7-7
Diplomat_GM, General Manager at Diplomat Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2015

Jnine7-7-7,

Thank you for your review, I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at The Diplomat!

I will be sure to pass your feedback to the staff.

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us, we hope the rest of your trip was enjoyable.

All the best,

Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

We had booked a quiet room towards the back of the hotel a week prior but when we arrived at reception to check in, our booking did not exist. We were then allocated the room right above the busiest corner in Alice Springs. The receptionist assured us that everything would quieten down by 7pm but their music was pumping after midnight, the emerging crowd shouting well after that and then the street cleaning machines were in action by 4am until well after 6am.

Apart from that the room was clean and comfortable.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Gianna_Busso

Gianna_Busso,

I am so sorry to hear that there were issues with your reservation.

Would you please contact me directly if you find yourself coming back to Alice Springs, I would like to personally ensure that your booking is confirmed.

Glad you found the room comfy and clean and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

gm@diplomatmotel.com.au

Reviewed 13 August 2015

Spacious room, free internet, great bar downstairs and could walk to everywhere in town - had everything I needed. Free car parking. Really enjoyed the bar, I still miss it actually, we kind of became locals while we were there.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Diplomat_GM, General Manager at Diplomat Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2015

JillianfromHobart,

How lovely to read that you enjoyed your stay at The Diplomat so much. No doubt you will be sorely missed at Uncles Tavern - feel free to come back anytime!

Jillian thank you for taking the time to review our property and we all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

The hotel was a 2 minute walk from the main stretch of shops on Todd Street. As the town is small you were within walking distance of most things. Staff were friendly, room was OK however would probably benefit from a bit of a facelift. The carpet had seen better days and had stains and would probably need replacing. The bed was also worn out and was dipping in the middle.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Charlotte B
Diplomat_GM, General Manager at Diplomat Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2015

Hi Char-b-91 and thank you for reviewing our property.

You are 100% correct about the need for the face-lift and we have already started refurbishing our bathrooms in the first block, closest to the Reception area - and they look great!

Gone are the salmon benches and cream tiles, replacing them is a gorgeous, bright, clean-lined and modern bathroom that has a shower head to die for.

We are not able to renovate all the rooms at once (unfortunately), but we do note that a few of the beds and carpet also need upgrading. In the meantime, our staff are always happy to upgrade guests to the "Plus" rooms for as little as twenty five dollars.

I am glad you enjoyed your time in Alice Springs and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

All the best and happy travels,

Reviewed 9 August 2015

We checked into the diplomat late on Monday 3rd August the room was ok all good. On wed 5th we were asked to move rooms??? After changing rooms 3 times that morning, one was smelly with dirty stained carpets, one the towel rack fell off the wall, one the air con was very noisy...we settled on a room and went out for the day. On returning that evening found the air con didn't work at all, so was changed to yet another room. The reception manager told me she had never had so many complaints from 1 person before!!! Well I feel they need to lift their game. I would NOT recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the car park, not too near the hotrl
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosemary H
Diplomat_GM, General Manager at Diplomat Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2015

Rosemary H,

I apologise that you had a collection of malfunctions whilst moving to different rooms - Not a normal occurrence for our motel.
What matters in this situation is that our staff are courteous, apologetic and comforting and during the incident in question, are staff were nothing but, which is a positive, as I'm sure you'll agree.

Our main priority is to always ensure our guests are comfortable and happy. It is clear that you are not and I am rather disappointed that you would chose to post a review rather than speak with me directly, as I see that you are still in-house and will be departing in a couple of days.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail please feel free to drop in and see me anytime.