1,374 results
All reviews todd river swim up bar superior room barramundi close to town an upgrade no lift buffet breakfast good size room was large mini bar two double beds hotel restaurant an overnight stay the air conditioning free wifi guest laundry
Reviewed 13 November 2017

We were meant to be booked into a deluxe room but were initially allocated a disabled person's room. We managed to change rooms after being told at reception it was room allocation error.

However the room was far from being of a deluxe standard. The room had not been cleaned properly, there were marks and splashes on the bathroom floor and there were numerous dirty marks and stains on what seemed to be near-new carpet both in our room and along the hallway. There were also dirty hand marks on the sliding glass doors.

There was nothing in the mini bar apart from the menu of what might have been available.

The air conditioner kept clicking every 2-3 minutes the entire time it was working.

There was no room guide with information on how to operate anything or about services and facilities in the resort. There was no remote to operate the TV.

The main light switch for the room took us some time to locate as it is hidden behind the TV.

The door frames were dented and chipped and the edge of the door into the bathroom was badly chipped and dented.

Just to top it off, at 9.55am on the morning of check-out we received a call from reception to make sure we were checking out. This is the first time I have ever had a call to hurry-up our check-out. If it had been 10.10am I would have accepted we were running a bit late but not at 9.55am as we were walking out the door of the room for the 3 minute walk to reception. Very unprofessional.

Would we stay at the Mercure Alice Springs again? Not if we could possibly help it.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2017

We stayed at a number of hotels during our month in Australia, but this was our favourite. A pleasant room and public areas with a decent, if cool, pool; lovely food; friendly staff. And excellent value for money. What more do you want?

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2017

I arrived a little early so I had to wait but there was no real amenity for that to happen. I did manage to get a beer and a seat but no one was ever going to let me know my room was ready! That aside the reception staff were friendly enough, just had no real experience, neither did the "manager" (if he really was the manger).

The room was fine, breakfast was good enough and check out went smoothly.

I guess I would stay again.

Room Tip: Keep away from the pool area - too much noise!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Booked this hotel as Chifley months in advance and arrived to find it rebadged as Mecure. We actually drove past it looking for the Chifley sign because we were not aware of the change.

Reception staff were very friendly and checkin/checkout was efficient. I liked that they only took a token $1 swipe of the credit card for security, rather than the common $100.

We were told that we had been upgraded but to be honest, the room that we were allocated was exactly what had been booked, which left us a bit bemused.

The room was a bit on the small side, especially the bathroom. Overall it was clean and quiet, but nothing special. The beds were comfortable and linen & towels etc in good condition.

It was great being able to sit out by the pool for drinks and dinner on what was a beautiful balmy night. The menu was enticing (making it very difficult to choose) and when the food arrived it was a visual treat. It really was beautifully presented but unfortunately for the dishes each of us chose, this did not translate to taste which was disappointing.

Loved the ice machine on the ground floor of our wing - we were able to top our esky up before heading off towards Uluru. Ice machines are common in US/Canada hotels - every hotel should have one of these!!!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Had a great stay here. We booked an upgraded room and it was spacious and comfortable. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel was a reasonable walk to town and well located for the local attractions. I picked up a hire car from the airport and the parking at the hotel was crowded although I managed to park both days. Would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple