“No flexibility at all on modifying orders”
Review of Chit Chats Bistro

Chit Chats Bistro
Ranked #3,984 of 6,533 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: US$4 - US$23
Description: Located on the ground floor, Chit Chat’s Bistro is the perfect spot for a quick lunch or dinner! Chits Chats serves awesome pub food with all of your all time favourites from amazing hamburgers and schnitty to fantastic steaks. Drop in for a quick business lunch or have a drink in Shades and grab a steak with us later. We are open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner and always have some great promotions on. Lunch daily: 11.30am-2.30pm Dinner Sunday to Thursday: 5.30pm-8.30pm Friday and Saturday: 5.30pm-9.00pm
Reviewed 11 April 2018

This is not the first time I have been disappointed with this Bistro. The first time I went there with the kids, I wanted to modify the kids menu. The kids menu comes with Chips, but I wanted to swap the chips with salad, but person at the cash register refused. So I had to end up ordering a side of salad for the kids as I wanted them to have at least some vegetables with their dinner.

Then yesterday, I ordered the burger which normally comes with curly fries (ie. potato) as Kumera is slightly more healthy that potato. I asked if I can swap the curly fries with the kumera fries, and again they refused, even after I told them they have it on their menu as a side order and it is the same price.

All other Bistros/Restaurants that I have been to are always more than happy to modify their dishes if they have that item in their kitchen, but this Bistro, adamantly refused even when I tried to push the issue. It's not like they don't have kumera chips on their menu ... they have both curly fries AND kumera chips on their menu as a side order and BOTH are EXACTLY THE SAME PRICE. So I don't understand what kind of rod is up their backside !!!!

I would NEVER recommend this Bistro to anyone at all !!!!

Not only that, my partner and I have been watching the staff during our dinner session, and it seems like they are overly friendly to regular customers, but non regular customers, they seem to give the cold treatment service. Definitely NOT a professional place to go to.

And definitely not a place to go to if you have allergies or your kids have allergies as they REFUSED to modify your order at all.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Sunday roast to chicken schnitzel, but being Chatswood there is also a number of Chinese dishes to choose from. Servive varies, depending on how busy it is. There are other eating places within the Chatswood RSL as well. EG Shades and Ipoh Club

Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

Chicken and beef burgers (on turkish or brioche roll), steak, roast veges, fried fish - the food is far from exotic but it is done well. I've had a few meals from here and have had a good feed every time.

I especially admire the consistency. If you ordered a Portuguese chicken burger on brioche last week, you'll get exactly the same tasty plate of food if you order it again this week.

I can't take points away for food being unadventurous when it's done this well, at RSL prices. Looking forward to my next visit!

1  Thank thesorehead
Reviewed 25 April 2016

... great service, and an easy-going casual atmosphere is this restaurant in the Chatswood RSL Club. Sure enough it's not fine dining, nor is it a place to impress a first date, but for club food of consistently good quality, I would recommend it unreservedly.

1  Thank Samuel T
Reviewed 14 February 2016

An RSL bistro with a wide range of good quality albeit staid food. Order at the counter and food comes to the table in a timely manner. The decor is looking a little tired. Good for a quick meal

1  Thank D and N