“GREAT KOREAN BBQ”

Cuisines: Korean
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 19 July 2017

I visited DAE JANG KUM with a friend to introduce her to Korean BBQ. The meat was fantastic just like you get in Seoul. She enjoyed the evening a lot. The service was friendly

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

After whale watching, i was really famished and craving for korean food. My friend brought me to this restaurant and i was quite satisfied. Service was fast and food was really great. I was expecting more varieties of the side dishes though as i have visited a Dae jang gum branch in Ho Chi Minh City and they served 8 types of the side dishes.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Went for dinner on a Saturday night. Had seafood hot pot and side dishes which was delicious. Food came out quickly and staff were friendly and efficient. Beware of the floor which was quite slippery, toilets were also a little messy.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

I don't like giving bad reviews but I feel compelled to warn all of you coming. I had been meaning to come a long time but my visit recently was awful to say the least. We went with 3 kids under 7 and 3 adults and arrived promptly at 5pm where there was no one in the restaurant. Service was terrible and unhelpful. Menus do not indicate which foods are spicy and they do not take the initiative to warn us that the food is not suitable for kids. We ordered these deep fried cheese sticks which looked good on the plate but it was cold when we bit into it and the cheese was luke warm. It was NOT FRESHLY deep fried at all. We kept having to wait for service and by the end the only waitress helping us even forgot to give us a takeaway container despite requesting one and we waited another 10 minutes. The food was not impressive at all. Whilst the food came quickly, the seafood pancakes we had was under cooked and doughy. The octopus and beef bulgogi tasted tasteless and the beef was shrivelled up into almost like a big piece of mince. I was very disappointed. The complimentary side dishes and white rice was probably the only food that just met expectations. I left that place hungry and the food was not for value at all. Do yourself a favour and save your money for elsewhere. The toilets also did not have soap which was annoying given the kids had sticky hands and needed a good rinse after their meal.

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

We frequent a number of Korean restaurants across Sydney and this was one of the worst we've been to in almost all aspects. Taste, portions, side dishes and last but not least price. I understand that the City is more expensive than the suburbs but this place lacks quality and quantity without any value. Although pricey Danjee around the corner is much better from an a la carte perspective not to mention ambience if you're not having BBQ. The only reason it gets 2 stars is because of the staff, but wven they need more guidance or training.