“Just the best Dumplings”

David Jones Foodhall
Ranked #976 of 6,843 Restaurants in Sydney
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Ate lunch at Asian Bar, selection of Dumplings,followed by Nash Goreng,everything was cooked and presented very well. Like that you can watch Chefs cooking and preparing your meals. Great service, a lovely Pinot Grigio to accompany the food, excellent

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

After having an amazing 4 day trip away, my husband and I finished our last few hours, before heading to airport, at the Oyster Bar in David Jones Foodhall.
It is not a cheap exercise but deliciously decadent and takes us back to when we lived in this wonderful city. So every time we pop to Sydney oysters & fizz is a must! We ordered a dozen (13) natural with lemon / tetsuya dressing. They were small which was disappointing but it depends on season and species so you just accept, it is what it is and put it aside . Along with the oysters I sipped away glassful of Moet ; my husband on the other hand chose a glass of Sancerre white - After ordering you are given a slice of brown bread ( a homemade crusty looking slice) with butter and a green leaf salad to go with the oysters. Unfortunately I can’t eat bread or butter so my husband had both slices.
Don’t expect much change from $100 for 2 . For us it is a non negotiable treat when in Sydney.
The lady who served us was a very friendly northern English woman. She was attentive to all the customers needs and made sure everyone was looked after.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

My wife and I were in the city doing some shopping and decided to stop in for lunch. We went to the Italian Bar. Well you could have cut the air with a knife. The relationship between the server and the chef was extremely tense and made me and everyone else very uncomfortable. The food was ok but what was more concerning was the unhygienic way the nice and forks were washed (or partially rinsed) and then wiped by the same tea towel. Who manages the foodhall? Won't be going back.

1  Thank Grahame E
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Called in for a late lunch and to introduce some friends to The Oyster Bar.
The Mornay Oysters here are just devine and when washed down with a glass or two of champagne what could go wrong.
Our friends were very impressed with the whole concept and also loved the Peking Duck Dumplings.
Our hostess Corina topped the afternoon off with her friendly can do attitude, Corina is a real asset to the David Jones food hall.

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Nothing special at all. Below average Italian food. Cold cuts and aubergine tasteless. Very kind service and trendy placate though.