“Gnocchi's a no go!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2016

I've eaten at Lucetta a few times and have enjoyed it. It's a small little restaurant, the staff are friendly and i've mostly been happy with the food - except for today. I ordered the gnocchi (my favourite pasta) and it was really disappointing as it was hard and chewy, and the pieces were large. Paid $20 and got the same quality i could have cooked myself out of a packet from coles. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

As some people mentioned before, this is not exactly the classic Italian cuisine. For example, the thin pizza crust was so dry that it was breaking into pieces like a cracker. But if you can get over the "italian" part out of it, it's a pretty good place. C'mon, there are thousands ways to prepare a pizza and they use good ingredients, it tastes good, the service was excellent and the place was so cozy and friendly - it's just great to sit there with friends and laugh over some stories.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Picturesque venue with out door seating and cosy in door seating. Wait staff were a bit shambolic and then accentuated it by long winded explanations. I thought he had taken your order because I was getting drinks for another table and we have a few less staff on today...... I'm like stop with all the words and negative stressful energy. Anyways the menu is plain, which is good and bad. We ordered pasta cabonara and pasta olio. Tasted both. Cabonara was good. Olio had heaps of garlic and was a bit plain. Could be poor ordering. Servings were large and came with a glass of red wine. Spotted pizzas going to other tables and next time that will be my choice. Further kerfuffle over the bill. If you feel like pizza this is a cute lil place.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

The staff is nice, but I feel like I should share my experience. I couldn't spot an Italian within a mile of that place. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone on staff has any concept of the flavors that go into the Italian kitchen. If you don't know either, chances are you might like it. But if you do, don't be fooled by the name. Crumbly pizza (like much of the pizza in Sydney). Flavorless calamari. Even the garlic bread was sans garlic. To boot, it's BYO for wine but not beer, which is fine, but not very beverage savvy in this craft beer era. I brought one bottle of craft IPA from the bottle shop across the street and they acted like it was a case of VB and I was going to open the bottles with what teeth I had left in my face. Yikes.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

When non Italian folk open an Italian restaurant, without any knowledge, taste or care for what and how to make REAL italian food, you get Lucetta. I (almost) have no word!!! Except these to save anyone from wasting their time or money. If you dont care for italian food but want pasta or pizza, go there, otherwise if you want the real deal, avoid this place! An Italian would be embarrassed and disgusted of the mockery made of their food here. Horrible pizzas, tasteless toppings sparsley laid out on the thinnest base it was like chips, actually no, like air. We were with an Italian friend from New Jersey (italian capital outside of italy) who grew up on NY/NJ style REAL Italian pizzas and pasta and he was mortified. The garlic bread was shocking, even looking at it - think Pizza hut style! Soft and mushy bread with butter than tasted something garlic-ish! Clearly a cheap garlic spread, not even freshly made! clearly they do not care to prepare and serve things properly the way a real Italian restaurant should. The calamari was awful, oily and horrible! What a huge disappointment, I can only assume the good reviews that led us there were lies, or we turned up on a REALLY REALLY REALLY off night! All in all this is not an Italian restaurant, this is a restaurant that is making bad pizza, pasta and other Italian style foods. Sorry guys, the services/waters were friendly, that is all.