“Good food but even more interesting drinks”

Bodega Tapas Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #343 of 6,671 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Neighbourhood: Surry Hills
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Atmosphere of Bodega was quaint and very much like a beach house cafe. The pace of the food was fantastic, nothing disappointed at all! We ordered an entree and a main each a couple of drinks as well. The highlight of the night was the dark and stormy drink which tasted like a spiced adult lemonade!

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Bodega is a great place for couples and smal groups. Took my wife there for her birthday, and we had a great experience. From the food, wine to the friendly and always smiling staff. They brightened the atmosphere in a slightly dimmed restaurant. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Not sure why people like this restaurant. The fish was nice but very over powering smell. The rest of the food was average. 4 girls served us and 3 were really rude and snooty. Highly not recommended.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

It was a pleasant night. Thought the music was going to be too loud but it was turned down which made it easy for us to talk to each other. The place itself is cosy.

We shared a number of dishes - started with the fish fingers, crispy duck, wagyu beef and the chargrilled calamari before finishing off with the pina colada trifle.

Each dish was different but tasted fresh and innovative. Servings were average but was tasty.

Cost was $45 pp minus drinks.

Definitely worth checking out but maybe during the weekday when it's not as crowded.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Great little restaurant in the heart of Surry Hills. We enjoyed some complimentary bread and olives to start. The waitress was very kind and kindly pointed out the things I could eat (unfortunately I cannot eat onion or garlic). My partner and I enjoyed the minute steak with beetroot mince and sour cream (my favourite dish of the night), the pork sausage in lettuce cups (delicious) and the pumpkin salad with manchego cheese (my favourite cheese ever!). I had a lovely Rosé and the atmosphere was awesome. Would definitely go back.