“Good portions and great cold cuts”

Bodega Tapas Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #457 of 6,093 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Neighbourhood: Surry Hills
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Very cool vibe, the place is designed like 50´s Diner which is right in the centre of Surrey Hills. The portions for the tapas are generous with some excellent Cold Cuts and great cocktails.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

The food was mediocre and quite overpriced. Some of the staff weren't friendly and we had an uncomfortable time at Bodega. Wouldn't go back there again...

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Three of us went on a Friday night with no reservation and the staff was super nice and got us in after a minimal wait. The food was excellent. Very interesting flavor combinations, really unique. The salt cod croquettes, squash salad and corn tamale were particularly good! The noise was out of control loud. Very unpleasant.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

We were so wonderfully surprised by the delicious food. Truly yummy! It is pricy especially the wine....but what spoiled the whole ambiance of this place and its experience was the over loud music. When you meet friends to chat and share news over a scrumptious meal and you need to scream to be heard and you can't hear the person opposite...that's when "background music" becomes a nightmare. I politely asked for it to be turned down, but there was no real improvement....such a shame.... So if you want a delicious meal and don't want to talk to your company, this is the place for you!!

Reviewed 9 July 2017

An amazing restaurant experience doesn't need my review - there are plenty of people out there willing to describe a great night. I chose Bodega to dine with a friend last week. She'd never had the chance to go before and was quite excited. Admittedly the last time I dined at Bodega Elvis and Ben were back for a short stint from their Porteno kitchen - so quite a while ago - but I'd only ever had great dinners at Bodega. Lordy Lordy - what has happened??? If the best dish we had was the cold cuts then there is definitely a problem in need of attention in the kitchen! The famous fish finger were not what I remembers, the crispy duck was not and the squid was both charred (not bad) but raw (not good). The music obnoxiously loud. Do restaranteurs seriously think that the music should be so loud that conversation is impossible? The maitre'd did turn it down a fraction when we asked (all very good-natured) yet I still had to yell at my dining companion and nod dumbly at half the conversation I couldn't quite catch as lip-reading is not one of my skills. What a shame. We Cut our losses and walked up the hill to Crown Street where we spent a very pleasant few hours chatting over a couple more glasses of wine and enjoying dessert in another restaurant. Ben, Elvis, Sarah - get back to Bodega and get this restaurant back on track please!