“Best Thai in the world? Maybe! In Sydney? Definitely!”

Peppercorn at Civic
Ranked #160 of 6,912 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Impeccable attentive service matched with some of the best Thai I've ever had. The restaurant was busy on a Monday night too. Nice authentic atmosphere, and quiet enough to have conversation without shouting. Clean private restrooms. I ordered Panang Curry with chicken extra hot and they brought me extra peppers on the side (see photo). For dessert I got ice cream sundae with coconut ice cream- wow. Good wines available at fair prices. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the dining experience overall. Warning- you might get addicted to this place. We plan on returning again frequently!

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

This was arranged by someone else and I just tagged along and I'm glad I did. Apparently they don't always take bookings, but we didn't really have to wait long. Plenty of water for our table that was refilled when needed. The food was really good. The place is just a little difficult to find as it is up a narrow staircase off Pitt street.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

This place is amazing. Great thai food, some of the best we've ever had. The service is wonderful, staff very friendly and accomodating. Food is really flavoursome and plenty of it - big portions. I read a lot of reviews of different thai restaurants before we came into the city for a nights stay and settled on Green Peppercorn because of the good reviews I had read. We certainly agree with the other reviews! Will definitely be back because the menu is large and there's so many delicious dishes to try and don't forget about dessert - just divine. Well done!!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Was visiting Sydney with my wife, son and his girlfriend, looking for a good quality meal for dinner. The Green Peppercorn in the Civic did not disappoint. Friendly staff greeted us and we're attentive all night. The menu provided a good selection of entrees and mains including some great seafood items. Service was quick and the food superb with good sized helpings. Drinks were not too expensive either. The room was large but not noisy making for a comfortable atmosphere.
We all thoroughly enjoyed the experience and would not hesitate to visit again.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

The best Thai food I've had to date! Had the prawn pad Thai and a refreshing passion fruit cleanser drink. Great place to dine!

Date of visit: August 2017