Shangri-La Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$181
  • Pool
Novotel Sydney Central(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$133
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$148/night.

The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$122
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$155/night.

The Westin Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$157
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$185/night.

US$188
Marriott Hotels
US$306
US$188
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$223/night.

Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$137
Vulcan Hotel(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$76
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

US$72
US$60
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$78/night.

Central Railway Hotel(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$71
Priceline
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$85/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 February 2017

Pros
* The staff were friendly.
* The location was great for sporting events.
* Quick signing out.

Cons
* The credit card fee was 3%, which should come to $9.60 (for my $320 for two nights). However, I was charged $330 in total.
* There was no free Wi-Fi in my room.
* There was no kitchenette in the room. We could take cutlery and white ware to our rooms from the communal kitchen.
* No coffee or tea provided, only a kettle.
* No soap (or shampoo or conditioner provided), but no soap!!
* The room was like a hot tin box, with only a ceiling fan, during February.
* There was no wardrobe, only a wire trolley thing with shelves.
* The sheets and pillow was off colour.
* The room smelled dank and was dirty. Not sure if it had been cleaned for a while or given a good airing.
* Some blind slats were broken, but the communal rooftop garden was outside, so couldn't open the blinds fully anyway for privacy.
* The main light was dim, and I turned on the night lamp with two heads; neither bulb worked. Had to get a bulb and fix it myself and the night lamp was dirty and dusty.
* My room was not on the emergency plan.
* No remote for the television.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Insp_Morse50
Reviewed 20 January 2017

We booked into an ensuite twin room- it was much smaller than the room shown on the website. We had bunks, as advertised, but with barely any space around them . There was an electric jug and a fridge, but nothing else- no mugs or cutlery. There was a ceiling fan which lazily turned and a solitary window with a broken wooden slat blind and no fly screen- opening onto a communal smoking/ washing line space- the washing line was actually attached to a board nailed across the only window in our room. For $160 it was pitiful. We were lucky that it was not a hot night, otherwise it might have been too hot to sleep. To get to the room, one had to go up some old steep stairs with shallow treads. The good part? The mattresses were a decent quality foam mattress, so reasonably comfortable. The room was clean, though meagre and old. The staff were very pleasant. The fitted sheets on the bunks were clean. It felt safe. The location was good, and our fellow residents were quiet. But for $160, we expected a bit more. There was barely room to move. It was old and very tired. It did not look like the ad on the website.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2016

For a cost A$160.00 per night, I would have expected a decent room.

1) Why install a hot water jug, without a mug to go with it??? and provide complimentary tea and coffee sachets

2) Why have a TV, if the remote tool does not work? and how does one expect to sit, while watching the TV, if no chair is being supplied.

3) Suspect the owners think that standing is the norm, while watching TV, or sit on the bed.

and for $160.00, I would expect a quiet room or double glazing to reduce noisy traffic

and the audacity for the hotel to charge an additional $5 credit card surcharge (which was not disclosed before booking) Note; Booking .com has been made aware of the additional surcharge.

The person whom was on duty was during my stay was very unhelpful and did not seem to care.

I have stayed in better and decent budget hotels, at lesser cost- which put Sinclair's to shame a 100 times over.

Lift your game Sinclair's and treat your customers well.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank lmhomes1
Reviewed 15 March 2015 via mobile

Stayed here Thursday-Monday whilst partaking at the Sydney tattoo expo. Managed to get a single room and requested a quiet area in the backpackers. Just from experience they're usually abit noisey. I got what I asked for a nice single, spacious room with fridge, sink and tv. Choice! Excellent management and the place was constantly clean. Even the other guests were polite and quiet. Good value for money and for me ideal location. Thanks guys will be using again.

• Stayed: March 2015
Reviewed 31 January 2015

Booked two nights and upon arrival, was told i would have to stay across the road and then come over in the morning to change rooms. Was told to be over by 10:00 as if I was checking out, so I didn't get a lie in, which I had been looking forward to and was exhausted. When I went over in the morning, I was told I had to wait to get into my room because others had to check out first. If they knew that, I should have been given a later time to go over at. When I enquired as to the best way to get to the airport, I was offered no help, advise or assistance. When I asked if they did a shuttle bus, they simply said no. When I asked if they had info on buses and timetables, they just said no. When I asked if they had any taxi numbers, they said they would look one up and get it to me, which they never did. The room the first night was very small and there was only one communal toilet downstairs, but the room the second night was fine. It was the staff attitude that spoiled my experience.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo